2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m no tactical expert when it comes to football, but isn’t it glaringly obvious now that teams are targeting Seamus? He’s bereft of confidence and is completely vulnerable down that right side.

Their forwards had a field day today and let’s face it they are a bang average team.

Not once did Seamus venture forward. When he received the ball, the first thing he did was look for the safest route, and more often than not that was backwards towards Keane or Pickford.

He’s a pale shadow of the marauding full back I knew only a few years back.

Time for Kenny.

I’m no tactical expert when it comes to football, but isn’t it glaringly obvious now that teams are targeting Seamus? He’s bereft of confidence and is completely vulnerable down that right side.

Their forwards had a field day today and let’s face it they are a bang average team.

Not once did Seamus venture forward. When he received the ball, the first thing he did was look for the safest route, and more often than not that was backwards towards Keane or Pickford.

Time for Kenny.

No idea how Coleman got his place back tbh

Coleman has said we need more consistency, if Silva can’t see he is a massive weak link now, then we are in trouble.

Teams are just targeting him every time. When Keane passes to him it just comes straight back, when he tries to go forward he loses possession.

Everton need to stop all this he has been a good servant etc, enough praise has been given to him over the years but come on talk about flog a dead horse. the guy is finished at the top level

Time for Kenny.
Coleman needs to be replaced in the summer.Kenny is a championshipfootballer so how is it time for kenny. 3 matches and he would get slated on here and in the stands.

Him and Jamal Lewis from Norwich would be quality signings, to replace Coleman and Baines at the end of the season.

Would you keep them as back ups like baines is now? I dont know what wages they are on. High and i would move on. Medium i would keep both as back ups. First teamers need to be pushed abit as well so these 2 are ideal for that.

Him and Jamal Lewis from Norwich would be quality signings, to replace Coleman and Baines at the end of the season.

Think a lot rests on whether they get promoted. And if they have the level required.

Based on our current form those levels aren't that high!!

Coleman has said we need more consistency, if Silva can’t see he is a massive weak link now, then we are in trouble.

Teams are just targeting him every time. When Keane passes to him it just comes straight back, when he tries to go forward he loses possession.

Everton need to stop all this he has been a good servant etc, enough praise has been given to him over the years but come on talk about flog a dead horse. the guy is finished at the top level
We are consistent
We are consistently bad
That is our level
We are bad

Would you keep them as back ups like baines is now? I dont know what wages they are on. High and i would move on. Medium i would keep both as back ups. First teamers need to be pushed abit as well so these 2 are ideal for that.
Replacement for Baines as backup to Digne, and replacement for Coleman to fight for the first team with Kenny I would say.

Baines is 34, on a big wage, and out of contract at the end of the season.

Coleman is at a similar level to Kenny right now, on a bigger wage, and is unlikely to get any better (physically at least, his technique has always been suspect) Kenny is still learning at this level so I would rather keep him out of the two.

My preference would be to bring in a right sided fullback of the same quality as Digne, but that isn’t going to be easy so Aaron’s is a good shout, definitely preferable to watching Coleman decline further.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.