Old Everton Pictures

I read Bobby Collins life story in the book Bobby Collins the wee - a great read - I did not realise EFC signed him as a youth player but Celtic heard about the signing as they had him lined up and under SFA rules we had to return him in a gentleman's agreement as he was only an apprentice if he had been English we could have demanded he stayed - Everton that - I would have loved to have seen him play just missed out on him - the pocket dynamo sold far too early by the Catt - the tributes in the book from Labby, Roy Vernon were enough to make you gasp what a great world class first ever box to box midfielder he really was.... Leeds benefited from him
here's a photo of young Bobby as a cobbler -
cob.jpg

When it all started to go wrong we made some horrific errors in the transfer market,Bernie,Tiger,Henrys hammer,Bernard the first,Belfitt etc coming in, as well as letting our better players Whittle,Johnson(not even mentioning the cock up of all cock ups with Bally!!)leave the club, bad times(n)

Re the Mackay picture
Defo Tommy Doc on the far right top...but is that sat next to Mackay ..A young Denis Law..
He was 10 days off his 19 th birthday when he made his debut for Scotland.