• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that we have been poor as of late. The collapse at Anfield turned the season on its head. Prior to that, we competed in almost every game and came away with a string of good results.

I’ve said it before that I don’t think Silva is a leader of men. Can the squad recover from that mental breakdown under his leadership? I honestly don’t know. We won’t ever win anything if we keep croaking at the slightest hint of adversity.

Agree with the leader bit.

How many managers in a derby would accept and have no problem with the opposition manager running about on the pitch after a last kick win.

I would have followed him and dragged him off by the scruff of the neck if I was Everton manager.

Lost a lot of respect for him after that.
We surrender too easily against them.

Imagine Joe Royle or Howard putting up with that rubbish. You have to make your team feel invincible and it is something we have lacked for over a decade now.

I don’t think having an ‘not arsed’ attitude to finishing as low as 13th would be helpful.

We want to show perspective players that we’re a good club to join. Who wants to join a bottom half club?

Thankfully Moshiri feels the same.

About the same who want to sign for a 7th placed club. Or do you reckon Burnley had world class players queuing up at the end of last season? Players don't base their moves on a quick look at the PL table the season before.

I'm not really arsed whether we finish 7th or 13th.

At the start of the season I was just hoping that we see a clear improvement in the squad, consistency and good football by the end of the season as a sign of overall progression that can be the foundation going forward. I'll be more concerned if we're carrying on like this in February/March with no signs of improvement or further deterioration.
One affects the other, though. If we’re making any progress on the last few seasons in regards to style of play, consistency, squad etc, then we will be finishing higher than 13th.

I agree that it takes a while to build something proper and we just want to see improvement. It’s so depressing not expecting to beat Bournemouth at home, though.

One affects the other, though. If we’re making any progress on the last few seasons in regards to style of play, consistency, squad etc, then we will be finishing higher than 13th.

I agree that it takes a while to build something proper and we just want to see improvement. It’s so depressing not expecting to beat Bournemouth at home, though.

It can come late in the season. 3 or 4 wins on the bounce sees a team shoot up the league outside the top 6 and although it looks unlikely now there's nothing to really suggest that there is the same serious problems we saw towards the end of Martinez or RonKo.

I'm still fairly optimistic of a long term upward climb....which is something that's bitten me on the arse a few times over the years watching Everton.

Have you seen us trying to spend big?

It’s ended up with Yannick Bolasie being on our books for the foreseeable future.

For me at least, I’d rather we were looking for players who have something to prove and aren’t just coming here for the wedge.
That entire period was just absolutely peculiar. Have a couple mates who follow the Premier League extensively, not one could figure out why, on earth, we went for the players we did/aimed for. Sissoko for 30m?? Bolasie for 27m????

I agree that we have been poor as of late. The collapse at Anfield turned the season on its head. Prior to that, we competed in almost every game and came away with a string of good results.

I’ve said it before that I don’t think Silva is a leader of men. Can the squad recover from that mental breakdown under his leadership? I honestly don’t know. We won’t ever win anything if we keep croaking at the slightest hint of adversity.
You hit on my point in the second paragraph part. If he can't get mostly HIS players up after the derby debacle then it kind of shows he's not the right man for the job. A manager's remit is to get his players in the correct mindset and get training right. IF the derby is still in their head then maybe the "HE NEEDS TIME" lot really are massively wrong.

If we finished 13th I don’t think Moshface would blame it all on Silva and would expect him to stay.
I would expect more change in playing staff though.
I don’t think all the blame can be put on Silva either, tbh. There are 5 different manager’s signings making up this squad. Hiring him was a massive gamble, but everything is unless you’re in that top bracket of clubs and can afford/attract the best.

Everyone holds Tottenham up as some kind of aspiration, but if you look at it, they hit extremely lucky.

They brought a superstar like Harry Kane through, got Dele Alli for £5m and Eriksen in for £11m. Alli easily could’ve easily flopped and Eriksen could’ve been a cheaper Klaassen.

The stars seemed to align for Pochettino there. No Harry Kane goals, coupled with their relatively low spending, could’ve seen Spurs tumbling down the league. They used to love a good managerial merry-go-round down there.

I just want to see some kind of reaction from him, and the team, now. We know it’s not been good enough, but let’s regroup and use this next set of fixtures to try and show some promise.

I don’t know why, but I’ve a feeling tomorrow we’re going to see a good performance.

*Cue Bournemouth smashing us!

About the same who want to sign for a 7th placed club. Or do you reckon Burnley had world class players queuing up at the end of last season? Players don't base their moves on a quick look at the PL table the season before.
There is a difference between Everton finishing 7th and Burnley finishing 7th. Burnley was a fluke, for Everton it would be par for the course.

I don’t think all the blame can be put on Silva either, tbh. There are 5 different manager’s signings making up this squad. Hiring him was a massive gamble, but everything is unless you’re in that top bracket of clubs and can afford/attract the best.

Everyone holds Tottenham up as some kind of aspiration, but if you look at it, they hit extremely lucky.

They brought a superstar like Harry Kane through, got Dele Alli for £5m and Eriksen in for £11m. Alli easily could’ve easily flopped and Eriksen could’ve been a cheaper Klaassen.

The stars seemed to align for Pochettino there. No Harry Kane goals, coupled with their relatively low spending, could’ve seen Spurs tumbling down the league. They used to love a good managerial merry-go-round down there.

I just want to see some kind of reaction from him, and the team, now. We know it’s not been good enough, but let’s regroup and use this next set of fixtures to try and show some promise.

I don’t know why, but I’ve a feeling tomorrow we’re going to see a good performance.

Oh we are definitely losing tomorrow. I’m going and somehow I’ve not seen us lose this season so here it is.

You hit on my point in the second paragraph part. If he can't get mostly HIS players up after the derby debacle then it kind of shows he's not the right man for the job. A manager's remit is to get his players in the correct mindset and get training right. IF the derby is still in their head then maybe the "HE NEEDS TIME" lot really are massively wrong.
It’s concerning to say the least. Having said that, a knee jerk firing won’t solve anything. He hasn’t even been here for a year.

It’s going to be dull and flat with very little quality on show and no atmosphere. Hopefully their defence is still asleep and we scuff a few in.

Status
Not open for further replies.