Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The results today did us no favours. Marco needs to look again at the games of late when we have stupidly dropped points. He needs to look at his team selections and especially his tactics which have not been good. Tomorrow is a big test for him in respect of these matters and to achieve some respect from the fans, a win is a must.

Reactions: ART
The results today did us no favours. Marco needs to look again at the games of late when we have stupidly dropped points. He needs to look at his team selections and especially his tactics which have not been good. Tomorrow is a big test for him in respect of these matters and to achieve some respect from the fans, a win is a must.

Wasn’t arsed about January window but now think it’s going to be crucial if we have aspirations to track Utd

Wasn’t arsed about January window but now think it’s going to be crucial if we have aspirations to track Utd

Don't know about aspirations to track Man U, Me - my aspirations are just to start winning some games, that is what is needed not the phoney tactics.

Unless we get 2 or 3 real quality players (cf, rb plus 1) in Jan, I think it will be another 55 point, upper mid table finsh for us and that doesn't really demonstrate progress. We look a little easier on the eye in fits and starts but we need to do it consistently and convert our chances. The current squad need a lift to do that I think.

Over to you Mr Brands!

It was always a rebuilding job this season. An exciting transfer deadline day doesn't change that.

There's no way I'm getting sucked into expecting a top 6 finish this season like some clearly have been.

These things take time (years) to build. It took time at City, it took time at Liverpool and it took time at Spurs. We'll be no exception. I'd advise people to chill out, forget about other clubs and try to enjoy what will likely not be a mind-blowingly great campaign for us, or this season will be little more bearable than last, which would be a bit sad really.

I would go

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gomes Schneiderlin
Walcott Sigurdsson Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

I know heads are going to fall off at Schneiderlin but if Gueye isn't fit and McCarthy not ready he is the only player to give balance. He has not been tried alongside Gomes before so its worth seeing if he's the right blend. With 8 days between games Sigurdsson can recharge his batteries and will be more comfortable back as a 10. If we were against a weaker team I would have considered Davies instead of Schneiderlin and Bernard would have replaced Sigurdsson.
Careful lad I got a horrid time for suggesting Schneiderlin on here, but I do still think that he'd be a better partner for Gomes than Gána is.

Unless we get 2 or 3 real quality players (cf, rb plus 1) in Jan, I think it will be another 55 point, upper mid table finsh for us and that doesn't really demonstrate progress. We look a little easier on the eye in fits and starts but we need to do it consistently and convert our chances. The current squad need a lift to do that I think.

Over to you Mr Brands!
A CF and land Gomes permanent, RB can wait until the summer, we were never going to really go forward if we keep buying 3-4-5 players every window we'll be in a constant state of rebuild and settling in. 1 new face in January another in the summer and maybe a loan while obviously replacing anyone we sell. We've had 3 windows now of accelerated spending in my opinion now we need a little consistency.

Spurs in great form. I dont expect anything from this.

...but our state of mind is so important. Sadly, I honestly think the Reds doing so well is contributing to our mentality.

I don’t think we’ve played any of the top sides at home, they’ll be creative but they will leave us with chances. I’m also a doom and gloom merchant but we really do have a chance in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.