January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
6th still feels a bit much of an ask for this season. Even though that's where we are. I highly doubt top 6 was the target at the start of the season and we only really have a chance at it because Man United are Dogs.

Next though, with the right summer investment, absolutely should be the target.

Yeah, after Wednesday i was fuming we couldnt get abit ahead of ourselves in that 6th spot.
But i think my expectations have changed based on us being holders of that 6th place currently.
At the risk of going all negative, with City (a), Spurs (h), 2 away games over christmas and alot of games in a short time, and 5 teams below us between 1 and 3 points behind us (plus wolves 4 behind and west ham 6). We could easily find ourselves in 10th -12th by the new year.
We (myself included) just need to make sure we dont go all panicky over his period if it dosent go great. We need to remind ourselves that we have been extremely unlucky at times this season and our placing could fluctuate alot between now and the end of the season

I'm still not 100% sure we need anything.....*waits for people to fume*..... right now.

Realistically this season is going about as well as it can be. We're not going to win anything (unless some miracle happens in the FA Cup which our current squad could win with a bit of fortune going our way). We don't need to push on yet.

In the summer though, I feel we need a fair bit then to have a real go next season after this transition type season.

Suppose it's down to if they think the benefit of bringing a player in during January outweighs the added cost of doing so.

Avoids a bedding in period start of next season such as we have had with Bernard for example.

Think it comes down to if the player they want they can get in January as don't see them settling for a second choice rather than waiting for the summer and getting the first choice

Dear Everton football club, for Christmas I would like that Gomes feller to sign a real contract and for a real, proper striker, one that scores goals, regularly.

I have mostly been a good boy and greatly appreciate you sorting your [Poor language removed] life out and stop throwing away points needlessly.

Thank you very much.

Your long defeated and embittered supporter,

Camboselecta

I'm still not 100% sure we need anything.....*waits for people to fume*..... right now.

Realistically this season is going about as well as it can be. We're not going to win anything (unless some miracle happens in the FA Cup which our current squad could win with a bit of fortune going our way). We don't need to push on yet.

In the summer though, I feel we need a fair bit then to have a real go next season after this transition type season.
The issue with this is we miss too many chances. If we continue to do this we could easily end up 10th in the league. At which point, how do we attract new players? We need to get a striker in and push for the top 6. This would show progression to any possible signings. Despite what some people on here say about the Europa League, players from other countries think it's a sign of a big club that they're playing in a European competition.

Suppose it's down to if they think the benefit of bringing a player in during January outweighs the added cost of doing so.

Avoids a bedding in period start of next season such as we have had with Bernard for example.

Think it comes down to if the player they want they can get in January as don't see them settling for a second choice rather than waiting for the summer and getting the first choice

I think there's a bit of what you said the other day, that it's actually not that easy to improve on what we currently have. I would go as far as to say it's almost impossible to do so unless you have serious cash and a serious pull (we may have 1 of those 2). Ie a City may be able to pull a top draw centre forward in as they have a pull we don't.

This is where you're right to say the bedding in period makes sense. Buying players who will take time to get to know the league. Get that out of the way so we don't have another slow start. A lad like Lozano makes sense to try as he can have 3-4 months to get to know the league. While he is not an immediate improvement on Walcott once he's bedded in you sense he would be and probably like most of the lads who've come in he will make the place his own by March/April. It would probably be well timed for Theo to potentially move on at that point.

The other area I think we may look to do a bit is from unconventional (none European) leagues. Seen a lad from MLS linked, obviously the South American season is done. It's a good time to buy from those areas and think we may look at that.

What I can't see us doing is looking to spend a bundle on Premier League players or even out of the blue names who are with settled European teams who wish to keep them. The talk of lads like Wilson, Zaha etc I just can't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.