Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I expect this to be very tight as we struggle at home against defensively well organised teams and Benitez usually has his teams organised.

I can see Silva trying to freshen things up a little. Enforced changes because of injury to Gueye and Walcott. I think Baningame is the best Gueye replacement. Perhaps Richarlison and Lookman in wide positions, either DCL or Tosun central and I wouldn’t be surprised if Zouma comes in for Keane.

Probably the best sleep I’d had since Sunday! But as has been said we’ve got to move on now, management players and fans. Let’s get the win tonight and get back on track

Last edited:

The only changes we should make are forced ones otherwise stick with the same team. It's been great to actually feel like we have a proper first team that is getting time to gel together. We will reap the reward of this later in the season and it's probably stated already.

...I expect this to be very tight as we struggle at home against defensively well organised teams and Benitez usually has his teams organised.

I can see Silva trying to freshen things up a little. Enforced changes because of injury to Gueye and Walcott. I think Baningame is the best Gueye replacement. Perhaps Richarlison and Lookman in wide positions, either DCL or Tosun central and I wouldn’t be surprised if Zouma comes in for Keane.

Sorry Eggs, but I'd prefer McCarthy to start if Gueye is injured.

Hopefully a nice confidence boosting win tonight

2-0 would do me

If we set up correctly and play our natural game, then I think we will have too much for a side like Newcastle at home

It won't be easy, but so long as we are professional and take our chances, we should win

Can't see the defence changing at all, mate. There's really no need for it. We've conceded one goal in three games and that was the flukiest one we'll ever let in (touch wood). If Zouma does come in it's not necessarily a bad thing, I just don't think we need it just yet. We've got a decent turnaround of 4 days (well 5, really) before the next game.

Not sure if Gueye and Walcott are both injured or not, did it get mentioned?

I think Lookman will start regardless and the other question is then if Bernard plays left with Richarlison central, or Richarlison left with one of DCL/Tosun up top.

If Gueye is injured, don't risk and play McCarthy/Davies.

So, two changes, maybe three, would be my reckoning.

"The trip to Vicarage Road was City's second of 13 matches in 44 days and manager Pep Guardiola once again rotated his squad, as he did in the weekend win over Bournemouth."

We've got to rotate our squad too. But should we rest or play Richarlison, Gomes and Digne in the games against City and Spurs? Silva has to plan ahead.
Need to be realistic at the moment and win our winnable games. If we run our socks off away to City we'll probably still lose. Spurs is a different matter, as they seem a bit hot and cold at the moment. Looking at the table the gaps are opening up, and 6th is looking like our best hope so we need to do whatever possible to get 6th, which means beating everyone below that position.

love the December period, before you know it another game is along to give the team a chance to bounce back/keep the run going
Sorts out the wheat from the chaff, hence the rs being knocked down to the also rans, as they only have about 13 first team players, and cannot risk resting Mane at the moment.

Can't see the defence changing at all, mate. There's really no need for it. We've conceded one goal in three games and that was the flukiest one we'll ever let in (touch wood). If Zouma does come in it's not necessarily a bad thing, I just don't think we need it just yet. We've got a decent turnaround of 4 days (well 5, really) before the next game.

Not sure if Gueye and Walcott are both injured or not, did it get mentioned?

I think Lookman will start regardless and the other question is then if Bernard plays left with Richarlison central, or Richarlison left with one of DCL/Tosun up top.

If Gueye is injured, don't risk and play McCarthy/Davies.

So, two changes, maybe three, would be my reckoning.
How many cards is Gana on mate. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.