1974-75

Status
Not open for further replies.

wba83

Player Valuation: £8m
For those that we there that season how good was this team never really hear much about them considering another 3 points and they would of been champions( derby county won it ) and gone down in history with 1970 and 1985 /87 league winners .shamefully I don't much about the players TBH apart from Big bob mick Lyons roger Kenyon .were Kendall and Harvey still playing Goodison must of been bouncing for the last few games ?

Carlisle doing the double over Everton, cost that side the championship, and it was all downhill for Billy Bingham from that point onwards.Bingham like Gordon Lee, was an unlucky manager for Everton i think.

..still the only club Everton have played but never beaten in top flight football (I think). I remember the home game very well, Chris Balderstone (better known as a cricketer) was outstanding for Carlisle.

Dave Clement made most league appearances which is a surprise.

We were Peter Shilton shoert of winning the league, tragic that the club were so shoet sighted. we could have had him and we dithered and farted about and ended up with George Wood as our first team keeper. Even Latchford said that recently at a book launch in town.

Sorry, just realised i had my dates wrong, George Wood was a few seasons later, but his predecessor were cack too. Dai Davies and Davey Lawson were poo!

We were Peter Shilton shoert of winning the league, tragic that the club were so shoet sighted. we could have had him and we dithered and farted about and ended up with George Wood as our first team keeper. Even Latchford said that recently at a book launch in town.
Interesting that I never knew we were close to signing Shilton

Threw it away mate in the grand style!!! Lost twice to Carlisle including from being 2-0 up at Goodison, Luton away in the run in again I think having had noses in front. (Jimmy Husband playing for them to make matters worse!!). Both those teams were relegated. Led Sheffield Utd 2-0 in second to last game which would have taken it to Chelsea away on the last day..... Lost 3-2 after second half capitulation. Good team on our day but not enough "winners" to get over the line. Bingham was cautious as a manager too. We played more expansive football under Gordon Lee and the 1977-1979 era saw us play much better but still fall short.......

Threw it away mate in the grand style!!! Lost twice to Carlisle including from being 2-0 up at Goodison, Luton away in the run in again I think having had noses in front. (Jimmy Husband playing for them to make matters worse!!). Both those teams were relegated. Led Sheffield Utd 2-0 in second to last game which would have taken it to Chelsea away on the last day..... Lost 3-2 after second half capitulation. Good team on our day but not enough "winners" to get over the line. Bingham was cautious as a manager too. We played more expansive football under Gordon Lee and the 1977-1979 era saw us play much better but still fall short.......
Luton in the run in and that Sheffield utd result massive kick in nuts there

Lee much underrated. The only better manager we've had since then was Howard Kendall, though I have a soft spot for Joe.

Mates a Carlisle fan and he is forever bringing that season up! Went the cup game there a few seasons back and our win shut him him for all of 15 mins and then it was back to that season!

74-75 golden opportunity missed but if I am totally honest looking back on it we were like an allardyce style team. Maybe that is a bit harsh but the football was not that great and seemed that every match was a battle. Despite heroics from Dobson and Latchford most of our games were draws. Won 10 at home drew 9 won 6 away drew 9. It was a bit boring many a time but we nearly did it

Status
Not open for further replies.