Old Everton Pictures

...looks like Mick Meagan standing behind Ray Wilson. Strange considering they were both LBs.

Just looked Meagan up and i’m glad to report he’s still with us. Interesting bit of trivia about Meagan; in 1969 he became first manager of the Republic of Ireland, before that a committee selected their team.

....just noticed Meagan joined Huddersfield in 1964, so I assume it was part of the deal that brought Wilson to Everton. I never knew that, but it now explains why both are on that picture.

Very interesting. Everton duly delivered on this:

The club are making good on that promise 102 years later and, having been made aware that he is buried in an unmarked grave, told the Guardian this week that preliminary work has started on a memorial that they hope will be completed and in place by September 2014.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/century-on-sandy-young-promise-7716596

JS45385621.jpg

...looks like Mick Meagan standing behind Ray Wilson. Strange considering they were both LBs.

Just looked Meagan up and i’m glad to report he’s still with us. Interesting bit of trivia about Meagan; in 1969 he became first manager of the Republic of Ireland, before that a committee selected their team.

Mick played for and managed Rovers from 1974 to 1976, and in the final season he played on the same FAI Cup team as his son Mark!! I was very young when Mick was with Rovers but have clear memories of Mark playing under Giles and Dunphy at end of the 70s. He won a Cup winner's medal with them in 1977.

I seem to recall someone on this site, or another maybe?, saying they wrote our song "There's a place called Wembley where our team is bound". It came up in conversation on Sunday, but we were all saying it was from different years. So if it was someone on here, what year was it done?

£700,000. Eh?
And, so were are led to believe, for another 10% / £70,000, it could've been totally pillarless aka cantilevered with no obstructed views
Well, there's something I hadn't heard before. That's almost as bad as the story that King's Dock
fell through because we couldn't find 30 million quid.