Thomas Gravesen aka Mad Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could look world class for one half and an amateur the next half. He really did have ability but was too inconsistent and erratic.

He really was a 22 carat nutcase, he used to give Bent loads in training, telling him how crap he was, one day Bent had enough, lost it completely, wanted to fight Tommy, Tommy said "why are you upset, Tommy 's mad everyone knows I'm mad, behave. Marcus just looked at him still fuming but let it go.

Another time when Radzinski came back playing for Fulham, in the tunnel waiting to go on the pitch, Tommy is in his face
booing him going " boo, boooo boo, that's all your going to get when you run out here" he wasn't far wrong either.

But Tommy was never a hard man, Carsley was a real hard man, on and off the field, playing football if you put the two of them together you'd be lucky to get a decent player out of the two of them, that's just my opinion

Lee Carsley was excellent and I won't have any dissenting opinion of him. Took us about 5 years to properly replace him.

Lee Carsley was excellent and I won't have any dissenting opinion of him. Took us about 5 years to properly replace him.
If you liked him fair enough, you'll have to have a different opinion from me, he was master of the five yard pass then having made it he was like a traffic policeman pointing in all directions to the player receiving the pass to get rid of it, the goal he scored in the Derby game, a good goal, influenced a lot of people, Inremember the game versus Aston Villa when Tim Cahill was tackling a Villa player, Carsley decided to help him out and joined in, Cahill got carried off and was out for about six weeks, Carsley had got Cahill, a few minutes later in the same game he did it again when Alan Stubbs was on the receiving end of Carsley's tackle, Stubbs glared at him as if to say " your playing for us not them", Carsley never did it for me, but each to his own.

Liked Gravestone, determined, gave his all and really did have ability. Definitely someone I remember and will stick in my mind.

Only two real 'mad dogs' I've ever seen in my 40 years though.......Ferguson and Van Der Howe!!!!!!!!!!

Serious players with serious attitudes too. However, both nice fellas off the pitch by all accounts!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.