Everton v Lille/Porto Sat/Sun 21/22 July 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who caught your eye tonight then mate? Out of those that played?

I mean lets look at them :

Sandro - Was loaned out last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Klaassen - Kissed the bench for most of last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Dowell - Was loaned out last, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Mirallas - Was loaned out last season, has looked bright at times, is on biggish money and you would think we have other players ahead of him
Besic - Was loaned out last season, has been quite impressive for me
Connolly - Was loaned out last season, certainly hasnt looked out of place
Vlasic - Has looked very poor for me

So for me Sandro, Mirallas and Klaassen should be moved on, none of them appear to have anything to offer us at all.
The others considering their age should probably be loaned out and be scouted to see if they can kick on next season with regular games.
I would of course keep Besic as a squad option.
As I've said elsewhere, I don't pretend to be able to manage a football team so I'll pass on that. I watch football for entertainment.

It was a friendly you cry-arse gerbils.

Have a look at the crap you are spouting and hang your heads in shame. Call yourself football fans, self-destructing about pre-season boring games.

Yep. Leicester City drew with Mansfield Town in a pre-season friendly before they won the league. Just sayin, pre-season results are essentially meaningless and no barometer of form.

Who caught your eye tonight then mate? Out of those that played?

I mean lets look at them :

Sandro - Was loaned out last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Klaassen - Kissed the bench for most of last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Dowell - Was loaned out last, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Mirallas - Was loaned out last season, has looked bright at times, is on biggish money and you would think we have other players ahead of him
Besic - Was loaned out last season, has been quite impressive for me
Connolly - Was loaned out last season, certainly hasnt looked out of place
Vlasic - Has looked very poor for me

So for me Sandro, Mirallas and Klaassen should be moved on, none of them appear to have anything to offer us at all.
The others considering their age should probably be loaned out and be scouted to see if they can kick on next season with regular games.
I would of course keep Besic as a squad option.
Can’t disagree with that, I’m not sure how anyone who’s watched the preseason games could think anything else really. Big season for some of our younger players ahead, if they want to prove they can cut it at Everton.

After watching the game last night I was quite happy with how Silva seems to be setting us up, the shape was very good and the high press was impressive. With this being an opportunity for some of the fringe players to make their mark, my findings were as follows:
Kenny - quite strong throughout and seemed to have improved from his showings from last year.
Pennington - Quite solid, didn’t really get tested
Williams- As above, his recovery for a Lille counter was quite good
Robinson - he’s a bit of a unit but some really poor basic things put a dampener on his performance. Does look like he could be a handful in a couple of years
Besic - Wow, he stood out head and shoulders above the rest. Dominated the entire game and has certainly put a marker down
Connolly - Very impressed, never seen him before but he did one of those jobs that go unnoticed. Good in possession, calm and had a good partnership with Besic
Klaasen - Wasn’t as bad as I expected, some neat little passes but can easily be forgotten that he’s on the pitch
Sandro - actually thought he played ok in the first half and linked ok with Kenny when he was on the right. We didn’t seem as effective in the second when he was off. Seemed eager and put in quite a shift
Vlasic - probably the poorest of everyone, basic things letting him down
Niasse - played good in the first half, quite strong then legs went. The penalty was atrocious and needs to be mentioned

Mirallas - the usual from him, nothing we haven’t seen before
Davies & Dowell - not on long enough, Dowells little pass over the top was about the only thing of note

Preseason matches are about fitness and learning the way, we're going to play. The result isn't important. Players who are on the fringes though should be running through brick walls to get in the team though.

anyone else have login problems to watch the game last night ? supposed to be a VIP password sent out which many people didn't get .

Was no one else impressed that our second string team was looking to get on the ball and dictate the play? We had players in their proper positions, pressing in the midfield and looking to play out from the back. Pre seasons under Koeman just seemed to be any collection of 11 players in bizarre formations hoofing it long and chasing after it or being completely outpassed by any decent side we faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.