2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will see shortly what Silva has in mind for him. It would seem that he is still part of the "B" team having played the full game against Lille and won't be involved against Porto in what would appear to be the first team.
The standard of the opposition and the level of intensity will keep rising from now and that is where the real test will lie for him.

He is one of those players whose committment endears him to fans, most of us want him to do well and get the rewards for his effort. However he has been at it a while now and playing well in a pre-season friendly is not enough for me. It is time for sentiment to be set aside and we need to be ruthless.
I feel the same about Mirellas, a couple of good performances doesn't show us anything, we all know he can play it is just that he won't play.

My only issue with Besic is whether he can stay fit

If those in charge feel he can then I've no problem with him staying

I see no reason at this point why we shouldnt keep him around, at the very least till Jan.

If he gets injured or doesnt take chances when given, then by all means, ship him out in Jan.

Its not like we have Pogba and De Rossi in midfield currently.

My only issue with Besic is whether he can stay fit

If those in charge feel he can then I've no problem with him staying

This is it. Have we ever had Besic playing for a sustained period....no we haven't. The Boro loan without niggling injuries has seen him progress into a player we once though he could be. He is not a brilliant player but he is very good when allowed a run of games. He is one of the few players that is a 100 per center but also has a bit of a skillset. He can be a bit rash at times but has he ever been sent off for us? I am not sure he has IIRC. Injuries have been his downfall and I have also noticed that he is a player that tries to rectify a mistake by trying a worldy pass or similar that never comes off. He loses composure after a mistake for a little while. I like him and hope he is in Silvas thoughts.

My view on Besic is I admire his attitude and tenacity but if I was a manager I couldn't trust him not to make a reckless tackle, suicide ball or blaze the ball over the bar as you have a team pinned back. Stay or go I'm neither here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.