Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than most of what else we already have.

Amongst the better players that would even think about signing for Everton.

We are NOT attractive enough to top players, why would they want to come here, especially after what we have served up the last 2 or 3 years.

This lad is a step in the right direction as he improves us.

Keep your expectations realistic.

Without wishing to initiate a storm of abuse, second half of the season most Watford fans were 'what does he have to do to get dropped'. Sure, fatigue was an issue, but we were out of both cups early and didn't have a heavy schedule. Other teams sussed him out and doubled up on him which basically snuffed him out.

You mean Salah, who was shown the door at Chelsea, hence his 35m fee, and until he went to Liverpool wasn't looking anything special and now wouldn't go for less than 100m

bad example that mate,
???
Salah was signed after scoring 15 goals and getting 11 assists in 30 games for Roma. He was clearly one of their top players, in great form and entering his prime.

What are you on about?

I think this is a great point and very likely to be Moshiris approach. It's a classic investors approach. Invest in things that have the best chance of accruing value.

It was always going to be a question of how quickly he was willing to do this and how much he'd want to see players offloaded before he did so.

Yes and to be frank whilst it is all about money, if the club is successful, I don't have a problem. There aren't any Jack Walkers around.

Youve been reading rob veras twitter.

I don’t think it was hard for anyone to come to the conclusion that this was the case.

Never mind some fella tweeting it first to a few hundred followers or whatever. Once everyone had sort of climbed down from the price tag, you could see that there was a silva compo payment in there.

Better than most of what else we already have.

Amongst the better players that would even think about signing for Everton.

We are NOT attractive enough to top players, why would they want to come here, especially after what we have served up the last 2 or 3 years.

This lad is a step in the right direction as he improves us.

Keep your expectations realistic.

I agree with your point on expectations... And how he's hopefully a player that would improve us (basing that on 3 months of form)..... Its just even in this inflated market, the price tag is jaw dropping for an unproven player.... Even Jelavic looked amazing for his first 3 months in the prem league....

We should be the club who signed Richarlison last summer for 11m....what the hell is our scouting system doing?!...

People getting all bent out of shape need to chill out. He's a quality young player in a position we have lacked quality in for years. Yes, he's overpriced but a lot of it will be add ons and it will undoubtedly include the Silva compo. We've been crying out for a bit of magic in midfield and this lad looks like he might be able to provide it. Good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.