Marco Silva: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 681 89.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 80 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has gone completely bonkers. How has this turned into a Baines/Martinez debate... and in what world does the fact that Roberto is now at a WC SF have any relevance to events that happened more than 2 years ago?

I know personally - I was still backing Martinez for a good while after the majority of the fanbase had lost faith - but he had to go when he did, his position had become untenable as the fans did not want him there anymore. In hindsight, maybe it would've been better not to sack him but that would've been some enormous gamble to take and the club would've had to deal with fan protests etc.

Baines has been a phenomenal servant to the club who I'm sure had many opportunities to move on during his time at Everton when his stock was high and not once threw his toys out of the pram to get that move. Feels very much like the whole "living long enough to see yourself become the villain" crap.

There's no point pining for Martinez.
He's having a period of success as an international manager. Periods of success at an international level don't require the same levels of consistency as league football. On top of this, he's managing probably the best national team in the world on paper.
If he only won 1 out of his last 10 qualifying matches with Belgium would he still be their manager?
Of course not - so I'm not sure how we could've been expected to keep him... Though I'm sure it was Baines' fault that the team was under-performing so much under Bobby.

It's all in the past now - any chance we could just stick a fork in it? There's enough vitriol without manufacturing more through envy of who our ex is with now and how well they're doing together.

One way to avoid further derailment of threads, would be to create a special " Baines v Martinez conspiracy " thread specially for @davek lol

Haha sure anyone with eyes could see that but that was typical Blerto, deny reality and just say everything is phenomenal enough times and hope people believe you.
Yeah, "Blerto" is sitting on top of the world, Baines is sitting watching Emmerdale.

Guess who had the last laugh?

Yeah, "Blerto" is sitting on top of the world, Baines is sitting watching Emmerdale.

This makes no sense - I don't understand why you're trying to invent animosity between Baines and Martinez?

The comments that are the root of this 'conspiracy' were addressed immediately after it happened. Just another example of newspapers stirring the pot.
I don't for one second believe Leighton Baines has the type of snide in him that you seem to be attributing to him.

By all accounts - I was always under the impressions that Martinez and Baines' had a really strong relationship.
At this stage though - why does it matter at all?
Nothing of value comes out of this debate - just moaning, sniping and negativity.

Just don't see the point in this.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ez-leighton-baines-chemistry-comments-everton

tbh, I was not, until recently, aware of the depth of animosity and enmity that exists between Bobby and Bainesy. There appears to be a really scheming, Machiavellian environment that exists at Finch Farm...it does not augur well for the new manager.

Would I like to hear a few words on this from the talismanic Capt Jags? Yes, definitely

I think our team next season will be interesting, considering what information is coming out of the club. Personally I’d never play the likes of Schneiderlin, Williams, martina, bolasie again. But with limited transfers we could be looking at a team of:

Pickford - strong chance he’s sold to improve other areas
New LB
New CB
Keane
Coleman
Sigurdson
Schneiderlin
Gueye
Lookman
Tosun
Walcott

Bench
New back up keeper
Baines
Jagielka
Klassen
Davies
Sandro
Bolasie

And Phil Neville has 6 premier league medals and you think he's useless. Fellas get carried and blag their way through all the time. A la Blerto. It's a good job you weren't a musicain on the titanic Dave, you'd have still been on your Oboe with the water lapping at your ankles.

And Phil Neville has 6 premier league medals and you think he's useless. Fellas get carried and blag their way through all the time. A la Blerto. It's a good job you weren't a musicain on the titanic Dave, you'd have still been on your Oboe with the water lapping at your ankles.
lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.