Marco Silva: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 681 89.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 80 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was 2015 he starteed to go public undermining his manager. Do you think his actions helped relieve any situation with the Goodison crowd turning on the manager or do you think it fanned the flames?

Ask yourself that question.

Baines was an utter snide in that period. Tell yourself stories about him "being honest" all you like, but a professinal keeps that in-house they dont drag any differences that can contribute to the club getting worse into the public domain. He KNEW what he was doing . So let's just have that right shall we?
Not told myself any stories chap. Just because you think it's right doesn't make it so I'm afraid. Some things are facts, whereas 99% of stuff on here is opinion.
I vividly remember that game and watching Baines answerimg the questions on how the team were playing.
Everton is a massive part of my life but I don't trawl around for stories on all the players, they're just other fellas who can play football better than me, besides Cocu.
I don't hero worship any of 'em.
You're the only person I have heard of with this' snide' vendetta against him. Not saying it's not true but unless evidence is revealed I will not be pressured into believing it by a crusader on the Internet
The fans turned on the manager because of the performances. Goodison likes a tackle, aggression and verve. Passing it around for the sake of it wound the crowd up when it was achieving f all.
Stick a pin in it and move on. You're taking years off your life winding yourself up.
What are your feelings on Marco Silva?

Not told myself any stories chap. Just because you think it's right doesn't make it so I'm afraid. Some things are facts, whereas 99% of stuff on here is opinion.
I vividly remember that game and watching Baines answerimg the questions on how the team were playing.
Everton is a massive part of my life but I don't trawl around for stories on all the players, they're just other fellas who can play football better than me, besides Cocu.
I don't hero worship any of 'em.
You're the only person I have heard of with this' snide' vendetta against him. Not saying it's not true but unless evidence is revealed I will not be pressured into believing it by a crusader on the Internet
The fans turned on the manager because of the performances. Goodison likes a tackle, aggression and verve. Passing it around for the sake of it wound the crowd up when it was achieving f all.
Stick a pin in it and move on. You're taking years off your life winding yourself up.
What are your feelings on Marco Silva?
lol
Haha, I re-read your post, Twice !! saw that above as a direct quote from Baines, I couldnt believe he would ever say that about Cuco....the swine !!!

Please be good at solving this F'd up jigsaw puzzle of a squad Marco. Hoping we are seemingly in a chaotic state because the pieces didn't seem to fit together for the last three managers and this one is able to sort it out.

Expectations = low.

I really dont think I'm the only one who views what he did as an act of snidery.

To fete him for that action was a low-point for me.

Anyway, continue to hero-worship him as he's stealing cash from the club and worming his way into the affections of another manager he hopes he can force to play him.
We were getting mullered left right and centre Dave and when Baines was asked the reason, all he said was we "lacked chemistry". Blerto's head fell off and started swinging like a drunkard at everyone and the rest is history. Fella had to go. Dry your eyes.

We were getting mullered left right and centre Dave and when Baines was asked the reason, all he said was we "lacked chemistry". Blerto's head fell off and started swinging like a drunkard at everyone and the rest is history. Fella had to go. Dry your eyes.
Nope. Wrong outburst, wrong time. That was third season stab in the back; the 'our defence doesn't know who makes decisions' stab in the back came in that EL tie in the second season.

Nope. Wrong outburst, wrong time. That was third season stab in the back; the 'our defence doesn't know who makes decisions' stab in the back came in that EL tie in the second season.
Haha sure anyone with eyes could see that but that was typical Blerto, deny reality and just say everything is phenomenal enough times and hope people believe you.

This thread has gone completely bonkers. How has this turned into a Baines/Martinez debate... and in what world does the fact that Roberto is now at a WC SF have any relevance to events that happened more than 2 years ago?

I know personally - I was still backing Martinez for a good while after the majority of the fanbase had lost faith - but he had to go when he did, his position had become untenable as the fans did not want him there anymore. In hindsight, maybe it would've been better not to sack him but that would've been some enormous gamble to take and the club would've had to deal with fan protests etc.

Baines has been a phenomenal servant to the club who I'm sure had many opportunities to move on during his time at Everton when his stock was high and not once threw his toys out of the pram to get that move. Feels very much like the whole "living long enough to see yourself become the villain" crap.

There's no point pining for Martinez.
He's having a period of success as an international manager. Periods of success at an international level don't require the same levels of consistency as league football. On top of this, he's managing probably the best national team in the world on paper.
If he only won 1 out of his last 10 qualifying matches with Belgium would he still be their manager?
Of course not - so I'm not sure how we could've been expected to keep him... Though I'm sure it was Baines' fault that the team was under-performing so much under Bobby.

It's all in the past now - any chance we could just stick a fork in it? There's enough vitriol without manufacturing more through envy of who our ex is with now and how well they're doing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.