Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather have people like that than people like you who gives people like Bill Kenwright a reason to not pull thier finger out of their arses, let's have it in 10 or 20 years instead of now then ay as every Evertonian has got that much time left in them
Without being rude , you are talking out of your arse regarding my opinion on Kenwright and what he has done for the club
A quick check of my posting history will prove this
You would be better off checking facts before spouting [Poor language removed]
My original post was tinted with irony which has obviously gone straight over your head

That is a very simplistic viewpoint Dave... not really your best argument.
I am sure Cocu is/will be a great manager, but it is clear that in Europe more than England the role of DOF is the key role in a club.
Brands has been successful in Holland but this is a very different challenge for him, future success for us is in my opinion hugely dependent on Brands being succeesful in his role.
Football is the same the world over: a bureaucrat sitting behind a desk adding and subtracting numbers wins you f.a. - a good manager does.

Football is the same the world over: a bureaucrat sitting behind a desk adding and subtracting numbers wins you f.a. - a good manager does.
Other than the fact that Brands HIRED Cocu and bought all his players of course. Cocu is a great coach, but the best tactician in the world can't win with crap players.

Look, I know you don't like this whole D of F concept, but the days of a manager being able to do it all is over.

Peak SAF couldnt have done anything after Steve Walsh had bought him a totally unbalanced squad.
IMO Walsh's signings were the pick of the players brought here during Koemageddon. The Dutch freak chose to spend hundreds of millions on tat like Bolasie and Klaassen and over-rated players like Keane and Sigurdson.

It really is though all told a good reminder that the DoF role is a nuisance of a post.

Only if the good manager had good players
Finding those players to suit the managers system and then signing them is Brands job
...yes, because we've never had managers before who could buy good players and then manage them....hold on....

Other than the fact that Brands HIRED Cocu and bought all his players of course. Cocu is a great coach, but the best tactician in the world can't win with crap players.

Look, I know you don't like this whole D of F concept, but the days of a manager being able to do it all is over.
One word: Pochettino.

You do realise Spurs have a director for football operations which is essentially a DOF but with more oversight of the academy pathways, right?
Pochettino has full control over who is bought. The DoF works for HIM, not the other way around. Pochettino identifies, the Spurs DoF procures.

Status
Not open for further replies.