Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Jk

Player Valuation: £950k
Seen quite a few people on here say they wouldn’t have Gueye in the team this coming season.

Admittedly I don’t want him and Schneiderlin in the same XI but it looks like MS will be staying.

What does that mean for Gueye?

I honestly dont see where he fits in a Silva team.

I mean hes a very good player, at what he does, which is to harry, tackle and get amongst it, but as you say, if Morgan is gonna be the 6, I dont see where he fits in.

He look's a decent player, but never really controls games, and rarely gets on the score-sheet.

Fantastic energy, and a good 'nuts and bolts' midfielder.

No more, no less.

Thats exactly what every side needs though.

Unless I have missed something that Peter Reid did.

I take your point roydo, but we had Steven, Sheedy, and Bracewell alongside Reid.

A perfectly balanced midfield, with creativity and goals, married to graft..

Many of our current midfielders are 'much of a muchness' including Gueye.

I honestly dont see where he fits in a Silva team.

I mean hes a very good player, at what he does, which is to harry, tackle and get amongst it, but as you say, if Morgan is gonna be the 6, I dont see where he fits in.

If we don't buy another centre mid, he fits.

I’d say underrated by lots of our fans. Breaks up play often and can be an essential player when fully fit and on form. Didn’t have a great season last season, but who did? Far better than Schneiderlin and would do that job better than most we could get in I imagine.

I can't believe Silva would even contemplate keeping Schneids let alone start him especially picking him over Gueye. It wouldn't really give me confidence in his decision making straight from the off.

Let him do the job he's good at, as a holding midfielder, bring in a proper creative midfielder to play with him, don't play him with Schniederfraud and he'll thrive.
Will never ever suit the defensive midfielder that silva wants, someone who can dictate the play from deep, at times split the centre backs. And have a very good passing range.
I think he will last one season under silva

He's like a poor man's kante,he's got a lot of his attributes.Unfortunateley Kantes passes and movement create a lot more problems for the opposition because he's playing alongside better players than we've got.Sad but true.

Will never ever suit the defensive midfielder that silva wants, someone who can dictate the play from deep, at times split the centre backs. And have a very good passing range.
I think he will last one season under silva
I think he`ll be given a chance to show he can do it, but what do I know ???

Status
Not open for further replies.