Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Bluekipper vote has already had over 5k votes in about 3 hours and is 93% saying No.

Definitely not a minority and definitely not winning hearts and minds Sam.

What amazes me is that despite all the absolute twaddle he comes out with during these affairs ('entertainment', hearts and minds' etc.) he never offers us the olive branch of better football next season. I presume it's because he thinks that :
A) It's already as good as it gets. Which is incredibly dispiriting.
B) He doesn't wish to offer up to future judgement something he knows he is incapable of providing.
It's a sad indictment of any 63 year old professional manager that he considers himself unable to coach anything except cowardly, boring, defensive football.
Our future currently looks grim to me.

And yet the club keep wheeling him out to spout his crap. They say nothing, hoping it'll all go away and we won't notice.

We've been suckered folks.
I totally agree, it’s like we have all been groomed into believing he is doing a good job, yes he has won against the awful teams of this league although we have only had 1 or 2 shots in those

That Blue Onions fella saying he's seeing out his contract.

Very depressing if true. Change our motto to average is acceptable.

When I picked my youngest up from school before , heard two lads chatting by the gate. The one sentence I caught was "I feel sorry for Allardyce " .
Seems he has successfully used his media friends to gain the sympathy vote and take the edge off any discontent tomorrow.
Ever feel like you've been had?

That Blue Onions fella saying he's seeing out his contract.

Very depressing if true. Change our motto to average is acceptable.
Yeah, beginning to feel inevitable really.
Changes my opinion of Moshiri entirely if true.
Frankly they can take their shiny new stadium plans and shove em where the sun don't shine.
Buildings don't score goals.
Of course if he gets shut he'll be back on my Christmas list. (I'm sure this concerns him like)

I happen to agree with you that Allardyce thinks he is staying. Or at the very least has not been told that he is going.

However, the man is still more than capable of trolling the fans in the knowledge he is going. He did this to the West Ham fans and then proudly owned up to it in his own autobiography. So to call fans believing the same thing is happening now delusional is way out of line. They may be wrong, but in no way are they delusional.

The thing is, for all we know, they may be 100% right and you and I are wrong. Who knows for certain, other than Allardyce himself and the people around Moshiri.
I cannot believe that a decision has not been made and Sam made aware of it long before now. It is after all the biggest and most important decision the club will probably make this year.
If Sam is going to leave I think the club will leave the manner of his departure to Sam. I don't believe we will hear that Sam has been relieved of his duties instead I think Sam will be allowed to say that he has completed the task that was given to him but , he has decided to retire or whatever reason he chooses to give.
If that is the scenario then he will probably see out the next couple of games and then make the announcement to leave within a day or so of the end of the season.

If Sam is leaving and a new manager is not ready to step in immediately then that is an enormous blunder by the board in what will be a very short window... which leads onto the question what is happening with Brands/Walsh and who is in charge of recruitment ?

What is the schedule for pre season.. we would normally know most of that long before now... are they waiting for a new manager to announce it ?
This the most confusing of times. At times I think far too much is being read into every word that is said and that the decision has been made and Sam is staying for the next season.
Then you look at the lack of information, lack of clarity from just about everybody at the club and you wonder is the whole club in a holding mode until after the last game before huge changes are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.