Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sam thinks he's staying. It doesn't mean the board won't sack him, just what's strange is if they are planning on removing him why are they letting him talk so much about next season?

People saying he knows he's going and is just trolling the fans are delusional. The board wouldn't let him do that and would just sack him ahead of time if that were the case.

Best case scenario is they are sounding out other managers in order to replace him but haven't let him know yet as they haven't found someone to replace him yet.

My feeling is they're looking at other options but if they can't get someone they want they'll stick with Sam.
I happen to agree with you that Allardyce thinks he is staying. Or at the very least has not been told that he is going.

However, the man is still more than capable of trolling the fans in the knowledge he is going. He did this to the West Ham fans and then proudly owned up to it in his own autobiography. So to call fans believing the same thing is happening now delusional is way out of line. They may be wrong, but in no way are they delusional.

The thing is, for all we know, they may be 100% right and you and I are wrong. Who knows for certain, other than Allardyce himself and the people around Moshiri.

IF some believe he will still be here next season and a defeat would put the final nail in his coffin then yes.

Lets put it this way. If you think the board are still undecided and a defeat tomorrow meant that it would guarantee he's gone would you take that?

All’s I can say is that, the City game in ‘14 aside, I could never want Everton to lose a game.

That said......I felt totally empty and devoid of my usual chirpiness, joy and satisfaction walking out of The Park versus the Barcodes and again when the Huddersfield result came though on Jeff Stelling’s show last Saturday.

It was like meh....NEA.

If he is still here in August, and for the life of me I see no indication he will be sacked, I am going to have a good hard think about the one sided love affair I have had with EFC since Harold Wilson was in Downing Street.

Day by dreary day I am falling out of love with EFC and everything about this club right now is making me care less and less about it.

I understand both sides of the argument tbh. Some people have had the Willie's put up them by our form in the first half of the season and there were real worries of relagation before allerdyce came in. There is that stat that if he was here from the start of the season we'd be 6th and you can see the start of the team becoming a more cohesive unit. As well as he will bring stability to the club whike he is here. So no matter what anyone else says there is a argument to keep him.

On the other hand there is the other stat that we are 19th in terms of everything else in the league. He plays terrible football. He is arrogant and seems to enjoy rubbing up the everton fans the wrong way. He'll bring stability to the club but at the cost of moving forward as a club. He seems quite happy to get ageing players in who will only be able to do a job in the short term aka while he is here. At the cost of nurturing young players like lookman and davies.

While it is true allerdyce will keep us in the premier league and keep us stable and top half. He only brings with him stability to the club he is in while he is there. He doesn't lay foundations like moyes did. He doesn't look to the future of this club. It's all about making him look good, all about the now. Then when he leaves and the model he created becomes unsustainable he can sit there and make out like the team is in trouble because he left.

For me if allerdyce stays he is only going to be here for what, one more season? Two if the board extends his contract? What's the point? He's not a long term manager and we will just get further and further away from the top 6 while he is in charge.

And for anyone who is worried about relagation. Just look at the dross who will stay up this season. Huddersfield ffs who are one of the worst sides out there. All you need to stay up is a a manager who can organise a team a little.

I have no worries about getting in a manager like fonseca. Hell I'd even be happy if we finish 11th or 12th next season if we are playing good football and you can see the progression of the team and the style of play. We need to improve, gain a style of play and stick to it.

Manages like koeman and allerdyce who don't have a style of play are dangerous managers imo. In this business if you don't have a style of play, it's all well and good while your wining but when results turn on you the team has nothing to fall back on and soon becomes unorganized and disheartened.

At this point in time nobody knows what is going to happen. If a high level coach says he is interested then we could see the carousel continue. But my fear is Allardyce will remain.

I happen to agree with you that Allardyce thinks he is staying. Or at the very least has not been told that he is going.

However, the man is still more than capable of trolling the fans in the knowledge he is going. He did this to the West Ham fans and then proudly owned up to it in his own autobiography. So to call fans believing the same thing is happening now delusional is way out of line. They may be wrong, but in no way are they delusional.

The thing is, for all we know, they may be 100% right and you and I are wrong. Who knows for certain, other than Allardyce himself and the people around Moshiri.

He's going to be aware of the speculation in the papers, I imagine that's why he's trolling fans. I didn't think people are deluding themselves by thinking he's trolling them, it was taking Sam's trolling as evidence that he knows he's being sacked that is a bit delusional, imo.

If he knew he is going at the end of the season, surely the board would sack him now as he's trolling fans. It would barely make any difference financially sacking him now or in a couple of weeks. That's why I don't buy in to him knowing he is being sacked.

Yeah, you're right though, I could easily be wrong, it's just my opinion based on the little we do have to go on.

Just a quick repost/quote of this forward as it puts Sam's 7/8th target for next season into perspective. He has never finished any higher than 10th in the premiership in the past 10 years (it is probably longer than that if we went back further) so to him, finishing 7th or 8th is ambitious and successful.

That is what we are up against. A Manager who has never won anything of note, wants to spend even more money to maintain the same and is totally incapable of taking Everton forward.

Just hope that fans let him know in full voice tomorrow that they are not a minority and will not accept mediocrity.

Have been through Sam Allardyce's performance in the premier league from 2007 till he joined Everton. Tells a very important and familiar story and the only sensible conclusion that can be made from it is that he is not the man to take Everton forward. To keep him on would mean that we discard all of our ambitions and expectations for wanting Everton to be successful again, which as can be clearly seen by the majority of Evertonians is not acceptable.

Here is what we would be getting with him in charge.

Sam Allardyce Premier League performance

Newcastle 2007/08 - Finished 12th on 43 points with a -20 GD - Appointed May 2017 and sacked in January 2008

Blackburn - 2008/09 - Finished 15th on 41 points with a -20 GD

- 2009/10 - Finished 10th on 50 points with a -14 GD - Appointed December 2008 and sacked December 2010 when they were 13th

West Ham - Appointed June 2011 - Left May 2015 after his contract was not renewed

- 2011/12 - Championship - Came 3rd and got them promoted back to the Premier League
- 2012/13 - Finished 10th on 46 points with a -8 GD
- 2013/14 - Finished 13th on 40 points with a -11 GD
- 2014/15 - Finished 12th on 47 points with a -3 GD

Sunderland - Appointed October 2015, left July 2016 to become England Manager

- 2015/16 - Finished 17th on 39 points with a -14 GD

England - July to September 2016 - Left after 1 game by mutual consent following allegations of malpractice

Crystal Palace - Appointed December 2016 and left May 2017 saying he was retiring

- 2016/17 - Finished 14th on 41 points with a -13 GD

One of the most baffling things I keep seeing regarding people's myopic, unwilling-to-shift view of Allardyce is the claim of "look at the state of the clubs once he's left them".

So, a man leaves a job, where an owner, chairman, chief exec, director of football and 20 professional footballers remain, the club goes to [Poor language removed], and it's somehow his fault?

Bear in mind that apart from Utd, Arsenal, Us, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, every club has had a limited lifespan in the Premier League, so it is almost inevitable that these clubs will at some point in the short-mid term future, be relegated once more.

Now take a look at those clubs Allardyce has managed.

West Ham. Nothing to do with Bilic who couldn't organise a team?
Sunderland. Yep, deffo Sams fault that a team who'd finished bottom 6 for 10 years went down.
Bolton. Team with no money and squad worth about £25m always going to maintain top 7, weren't they?
Blackburn. Can't believe Steve Keen struggled so much, I mean, he was clearly a great manager.
Newcastle. Absolute s***show of a club with an owner milking the club, who gave Pardew an 8 year contract. Only one thing ever happening with that club. BTW, plenty clamouring for Rafael as our next manager, despite him actually being relegated.

You have a very warped logic if you spout this accusation and actually believe it.

So Martinez or Koeman have no role to play in where we are now? I'd say along with Walsh and Moshiri there are two big contributors. Every manager you have has an impact. Of course it's not all down to him, I never said that and many of the clubs he's been at were basket cases to begin with, with various contributing factors in their decline. But it appears to be a pattern that clubs he leaves regress and he doesn't help matters through short termism, signings and his lack of style of play.

He's been awful with us, I admit. We have no discernible "tactics" at all save trusting to luck to be honest.

And yet we are in eighth place in the league.

How can a club sack a manager who has achieved that, at least?

Think this seasons prem being absolutely gash has something to do with it as well mate. We went through a period where we couldn't buy a win, and in that time we stayed 9th. Burnley went on a run of 10 games without a win, but will finish 7th.

it's all about Risk vs Reward. Alllardyce won't get us relegated but he equally won't get us anywhere near the top 4 or a trophy. Bringing in a Finseca or even a Silva offers a greater risk due to the style of football they play but the chances of reward are far greater than SA will ever offer. Club needs to decide if it's happy to simply make up the numbers.
Exactly
I’d rather not get Europe or not win a cup playing attractive football with a plan to improve ,than not get into Europe or not win a trophy playing Sams way

Think this seasons prem being absolutely gash has something to do with it as well mate. We went through a period where we couldn't buy a win, and in that time we stayed 9th. Burnley went on a run of 10 games without a win, but will finish 7th.

Exactly 8th is a false position this year we are more like 13th bottom. Martinez had 47 points and finished 11th the season he was fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.