The Crushing of Evertonian Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
No memorable performance over an entire season
This is the one thing that makes this season stand out from any other.

Not one single performance that sticks in the mind. The closest we came to it was the FA cup away to Liverpool. And we lost that.

The most mind numbing season ever. Also the first time I have gone a whole season without bothering to watch match of the day. And you can count on one hand the number of times I've watched the 20 minute highlights on the OS. Normally I watch it every game without fail.

Arguably the top 6 are further away from us now than even the dark days of the early 90’s. We are light years away.
We desperate at times back then, remember when we couldn’t beat a 9 man spurs team at home and we had about 65 minutes to score, remember when we used to rely on Steve Watson, right back, as our striker because we had no one else. It was awful football, awful management throughout the club.

I really don't think I've felt at a lower ebb following this club. I know it's hyperbole but it's absolutely killing me tonight.

• Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee in the dugout
  • A fortune spent on mediocre players who clearly have no pride in the club
  • No trophy in 23 years
  • No memorable performance over an entire season
  • No derby win since 2010
  • That lot tearing Europe apart
I know supporting a football club isn't about the glory but is there actually a team that's had a more depressing existence than us over recent times? Does anyone actually foresee it getting better any time soon or are we going to amble to 40+ points every season with boring wins against terrible teams?

This season just feels like a sick joke put together at our expense.

Appointing Sam Just ruined any joy for me. Season was over then.

Are you joking, I never feel anything but pity for the Norway. They can will all the CL they want, we are and will always be a step above.

FFS, if you think this season is bad, you should have been around during the 90s, all this season is, is coasting and snowflake outrage.

Soz snowflakes I’m a big fan of your work in reality.

At least we won derby matches back in the 90s.

We desperate at times back then, remember when we couldn’t beat a 9 man spurs team at home and we had about 65 minutes to score, remember when we used to rely on Steve Watson, right back, as our striker because we had no one else. It was awful football, awful management throughout the club.
It still is awful football and awful management throughout the club, it's the one Everton constant through 30 years ( apart from Royles F.A. Cup )
In fact awful football and bad management have come to define Everton.

Yup. It’s hard being crap having FS as manager,but having them lot running around our city we have to share when they’re going win yet another trophy is hard to take.

I could cope if we had something to cling to and had our own project going. Instead we've got a bunch of dinosaurs pounding round the dugout who actually believe they're doing us all a favour.

There appears a fog of despondent gloom about this thread; Everton fans can be very fickle. Have you so quickly forgotten the glorious victory of last night? Goodison under lights was jumping!!
And as for 'a season with no highlights', well I'm not having that. Doing the double over Newcastle and Stoke City will hopefully provide centrepiece moment in the video celebrating this season's accomplishments. And need I mention the spirited resolve we showed at a tough trip to the Liberty...Swansea are no easybeats and that was a proud draw imo.
Call me a half glass full bloke, but I reckon Everton's fulfilling every inch of the ambition that our Board's instilled in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.