I Just Don't Get It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is how teams like Brighton, Swansea and Wigan can play teams like Arsenal, the rs and Citeh, put in great performances and end up beating them yet, against such opposition, we play like awestruck teenagers. This inevitably leads to a good beating of course.
Can anybody explain this???

Funny old game. Happens.

We are toilet mind.

What I don't get is how teams like Brighton, Swansea and Wigan can play teams like Arsenal, the rs and Citeh, put in great performances and end up beating them yet, against such opposition, we play like awestruck teenagers. This inevitably leads to a good beating of course.
Yep, we've got a dinosaur as our manager.

We are awful away from home, defensively weak & poor up front so no surprises there when we get beat by the top six...
Put with that lack of confidence & the discord that this season has brought with managerial changes etc....

Home form is good but against the top six we do need to develope a more positive approach & play to win theses games too....

The answer is simple we have a club captain and assistant captain that have never won anything in their careers, we have players who have been with us for years who never won anything.
Also most importantly we play these teams every year and we don’t seem to have the hunger or desire to beat them, that feeds down from the captain.

As Neville said on MMF and is very true we have NO leaders both on and off the pitch

The answer is simple we have a club captain and assistant captain that have never won anything in their careers, we have players who have been with us for years who never won anything.
Also most importantly we play these teams every year and we don’t seem to have the hunger or desire to beat them, that feeds down from the captain.

As Neville said on MMF and is very true we have NO leaders both on and off the pitch

Lazy cliché. We have tons of international/club captains.

Not saying that determines a leader, but fans/pundits don't really know who is what in that team.

Lazy cliché. We have tons of international/club captains.

Not saying that determines a leader, but fans/pundits don't really know who is what in that team.
Yet we are unable to win an away game let alone go to the top 6 and put a performance in, when the going gets tough the Everton team crumble, we have no one to stand up and say no I’m not letting this happen. Look at this season we lose a goal, heads drop, we lose. We have no leadership

Pressure, gutless players with a defeatist mindset and poor management. We expect more than other bottom half teams as fans, our team is scared witless away from home so just try to get a draw and usually lose, same at home to the Sky six these days.

We crushed City last year and are still the only team to get points from them at the Etihad this year....but I hear what you're saying. I think its likely that we just pay attention when one of the top 4/6 get beat by a relegation team and pretty much ignore it when it's the other way around.

There is a reddit from late January showing the top 6 vs the bottom half. 73 games played, 5 losses, 12 draws. So in other words, a bottom half team had been a team from the top six around 8% of the time, or 1 game per year per bottom half team. You would expect to draw a further 2 games. We've had our two draws (against City and the RS). We just need a win to do what the average bottom half club does. We're actually quite normal for a crap team.

We crushed City last year and are still the only team to get points from them at the Etihad this year....but I hear what you're saying. I think its likely that we just pay attention when one of the top 4/6 get beat by a relegation team and pretty much ignore it when it's the other way around.

There is a reddit from late January showing the top 6 vs the bottom half. 73 games played, 5 losses, 12 draws. So in other words, a bottom half team had been a team from the top six around 8% of the time, or 1 game per year per bottom half team. You would expect to draw a further 2 games. We've had our two draws (against City and the RS). We just need a win to do what the average bottom half club does. We're actually quite normal for a crap team.
We have a decent record over City and have for a few years, normally we have a decent home record at home vs the top 6, this year however has been terrible, drew with Chelsea, lost to Utd, Arsenal and Spurs, with City and RS to come

Status
Not open for further replies.