Unsworth should have been kept in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roachey11

Player Valuation: £5m
Before i put my point across here, let me state I am aware of how dismal some of the performances with Rhino in charge where. However, were they any worse than what we are currently witnessing? I think not.

What allardyce and his team have done is rubber stamp the disillusionment amongst the fan base which Koeman had begun. Whilst performances under Unsworth were generally poor, there was a bit more of the backs to the wall attitude which generated a little fight throughout the club (Watford home for example).

Now let's consider the games Allardyce has won whilst in charge.
Huddersfield (h)
Swansea (h)
Newcastle (a)
Leicester (h)
Palace (h)

I honestly believe that we would have won all those games had Unsworth remained in charge and ended up floating round mid table as we are now. Huddersfield and Swansea were woeful at the time and required only two crap ish performances from Ourselves to beat them. Newcastle we were lucky but still it was two poor teams. Leicester and Palace we were helped massively by circumstances and both Zaha and Mahrez missing. Granted, Allardyce has picked up odd points here and there through his park the bus approach, but again, maybe we would have beaten WBA on one occasion which would compensate for another draw/loss elsewhere.

Essentially, the board panicked after Southampton and were panicked into making rotten managerial and coaching appointments which is ultimately going to do nothing other than create a further divide between the fans and the club and then cost the club another small fortune to pay them all off if (likely when) they are removed. If the board had given Unsy the games against Huddersfield and Swansea, won the, both and them come out and stated he is the Mann for the rest of the season as anyone else we may want isn't currently available, I think most Evertonians would have accepted that as a stop gap.

As fans who go week in week out we should expect better and demand better from 'professionals' who are in charge of the club.

Before i put my point across here, let me state I am aware of how dismal some of the performances with Rhino in charge where. However, were they any worse than what we are currently witnessing? I think not.

What allardyce and his team have done is rubber stamp the disillusionment amongst the fan base which Koeman had begun. Whilst performances under Unsworth were generally poor, there was a bit more of the backs to the wall attitude which generated a little fight throughout the club (Watford home for example).

Huddersfield (h)
Swansea (h)
Newcastle (a)
Leicester (h)
Palace (h)

I honestly believe that we would have won all those games had Unsworth remained in charge and ended up floating round mid table as we are now. Huddersfield and Swansea were woeful at the time and required only two crap ish performances from Ourselves to beat them. Newcastle we were lucky but still it was two poor teams. Leicester and Palace we were helped massively by circumstances and both Zaha and Mahrez missing. Granted, Allardyce has picked up odd points here and there through his park the bus approach, but again, maybe we would have beaten WBA on one occasion which would compensate for another draw/loss elsewhere.

Essentially, the board panicked after Southampton and were panicked into making rotten managerial and coaching appointments which is ultimately going to do nothing other than create a further divide between the fans and the club and then cost the club another small fortune to pay them all off if (likely when) they are removed. If the board had given Unsy the games against Huddersfield and Swansea, won the, both and them come out and stated he is the Mann for the rest of the season as anyone else we may want isn't currently available, I think most Evertonians would have accepted that as a stop gap.

As fans who go week in week out we should expect better and demand better from 'professionals' who are in charge of the club.
It all hinges on the W Ham game and who was most instrumental in concocting the victory
All Unsworth
Unsworth and the players
The players
Allardyce, Unsworth and the players
The players and Allardyce
All Allardyce
Or Moyes having no clue and Rooney having a blinder

We'll never know.

We would be firmly in the relegation battle with him in charge. No idea how to sort out the issues in our team and didn't have enough respect from our unprofessional players.

There was no misjudged panic from the board after the Southampton game. It was fully justified after Unsworth had led us to 5 defeats in 7 and they then decided to play it safe with Allardyce, which will have turned out to be a correct decision if/when we stay up. I won't get in to Allardyce's future beyond the season as the thread is about Unsworth.

I agree.

The change in form happened under Unsworth and Allardycio, the lucky get, claimed the credit for it.

It still enrages me that he claims the west ham win as his own.

Our 'luckiest' game of the season came under Unsworth. 2-0 down at home to a poor Watford side, putting in yet another pathetic display under him. Niasse got us a goal back after 67 mins where the players decided to finally have a go and we relied on an added time penalty and them missing one to win the game.

It all hinges on the W Ham game and who was most instrumental in concocting the victory
All Unsworth
Unsworth and the players
The players
Allardyce, Unsworth and the players
The players and Allardyce
All Allardyce
Or Moyes having no clue and Rooney having a blinder

We'll never know.

Yep agree with this too

Lets remeber that the players we have are crap or rather not performing to the best of their abilities rightnow. Yes allardyce is to blame for some of the worst performances i have ever seen but can we really absolve the players from any guilt?
Cant be all down to three managers playing crap football.

Something else at the heart of this club is not right

So basically reading this thread ,you mostly all would put up with the way we are playing atm flirting with relegation,but you wouldn't want to flirt with relegation and atempt to play a bit of togger,

Huddersfield (h)
Swansea (h)
Newcastle (a)
Leicester (h)
Palace (h)

No

Status
Not open for further replies.