Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
??????????????????????????

Are you having a @Joey66 moment here mein frandel??? Bed rest required??

Oh mate no, just a momentary lapse.

Still at work and (obviously) finding ridiculous ways of procrastinating...like talking wham (even more than usual) on here.

Apologies to you and to GoT.

But I maintain, we will see a better Michael Keane next season.

? Are you being serious mate? You want him here next season?
Nobody, is saying that. We have given lots of managers a chance. Some who have even got their own team.
Then you can tear them to pieces.
Went last week against arsenal, you think I was happy? First time I ever left early, I only want till this summer.
Anyway, not happy, never will be till we win the league again.

Heads are going to fall right off when we finish 7th.
Heads fall off when he wins a game,can't be doing the players mentality any good.He's obviously not the long term answer to our hopes but we should be celebrating when we win games.At one stage this season we looked doomed.

Mad how it's mostly the 40+'s on here who don't have a clue about modern football and base their opinion on what they saw in the 80s
That's a bit back to front.

If 40+s hadn't a clue about modern football and were basing their opinion on what they saw in the 80s, they would be arguing that Allardyce should be given more time the way Ferguson was.

But this isn't the 80s, and managers are not afforded the same amount of time to get it right as they used to get, so many want him out. To believe that its mostly 40+s that want him gone, and that those under 40 are more knowledgeable about modern football and want him to stay is quite frankly laughable.

Age makes no difference.

And I bet the poster wouldn't have clue if you asked him what a halfback is.
A half-back wears numbers 5, 6 or 7 in Gaelic football. They are the defenders who are expected to break the lines and start attacking play. The elite are all ballers who can run all day.

Our very own Seamus Coleman was a half-back.

This is likely not the type of half-back you are referencing though :blush:

Is it just me that think it's just bad luck.
Williams, bolasie, siggurdson, Keane, Pickford, walcott were all premier league rated players when we bought them. And probably the best available at the time that would realistically sign.
It's just unlucky they haven't clicked

Walcott should be nowhere near that list, it’s no coincidence when he plays we create chances/goals.

I just don't understand you sometimes.

You give it big over Stones, Lukaku etc including defending them against those that look at their inefficiencies yet you won't do it for Keane.

How many times did Stones show positionally he was gunk? Even Paul Merson saw it.

It's what happens when players are adjusting / going throw issues of confidence.

Keane may be 24 but he's been hand-held for years at Burnley. He's been capped by England. Sean Dyche is a very good defensive coach - look what he's done with Burnley - and he raves about him.

This is the first time Keane is playing in a team with expansive full backs, an ever-changing CM and CB partner... and he's been here 6 months.

Is it any wonder he's being inconsistent?

But despite all this context, and despite you looking slightly hypocritical (see Stones defences above), he's a dud?

o_O

You can’t compare genuine class like Stones and Keane. Maybe that’s why one is playing in the CL for Guardiola and the other is all over the place for us. Stones could be rash but when he was on it he could shut down any striker in the league with ease. Keane gets praised to the hilt on here if he has just s decent solid game because they’re so rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.