Homepage Update: The Frustration of Humiliation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
AndyC submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

The Frustration of Humiliation...
samall-1024x461.jpg

Let me say up front that I am absolutely sick to death of writing missives about this horrendous season, but after the debacle at the Emirates, I’m afraid I’ve had to put fingers to keyboard again.

Ronald Koeman played a back three against Arsenal at Goodison, they scored five, we got destroyed and Koeman bit the dust.

Sam Allardyce made five changes to a winning team in order to accommodate a back three against Arsenal, they scored five, we got destroyed and I’m sorry Sam, but you too should be sacked.

Because Everton, the club, the players, the fans were utterly humiliated yesterday… and then Sam, you blamed everyone else without accepting any degree of responsibility for your decisions.

But you won’t be sacked, at least not just yet, and you and practically the entire Everton community know precisely why.

Because right now, Everton Football Club one of the founding members of the football league, the fourth most successful club in England appears ridiculously broken.

Yes, we have a brand new stadium project ongoing and one that hopefully we’ll grow to love and cherish as we do the Grand Old Lady. But right now, Bramley Moore Dock is a good four years away and Everton Football Club needs to prioritise a complete restructure of the Board of Directors, senior management and football operations.

The club has existed and operated for a generation on under investment, poor and weak management structure and implementation, and an acceptance that survival is enough, when winning and being top dog is what matters, however it is achieved.

We’ve now got the investment, but the remainder of the problems remain absolutely in situ.

We need a winning mentality from top to bottom and we simply haven’t got it. Our greatest ever goalie, Neville Southall, has stated publicly that the fan base has been brainwashed into believing finishing top four is success when the only true measure of success is being number one – and he’s God damn right, on both counts.

I and no doubt thousands of Evertonians are still trying to figure out what on earth possessed Sam Allardyce to leave our leading scorer, most expensive player ever and recent £20million plus signing on the bench at the Emirates?

I and no doubt thousands of Evertonians are still trying to figure out why Phil Jagielka, who handled the pace threat of Jamie Vardy so well on Wednesday, was omitted from the squad for the Emirates in favour of the slower Ashley Williams?

I and no doubt thousands of Evertonians are still trying to figure out how Allardyce thought Morgan Schneiderlin was the right choice to combat Ozil, Xhaka and Ramsey in the midfield when he can’t tackle, doesn’t go forward and has a shocking work ethic this season? And if you don’t believe me Sam, check out the clips on social media of his half-arsed attempt to get back and prevent Mkhitaryan having a shot on target.

I and without a shadow of a doubt thousands of Evertonians are absolutely livid that Ademola Lookman, arguably our most exciting young prospect, was allowed to go to RB Leipzig on loan rather than be given a chance to show more of what he did against Liverpool in that substitute appearance?

Oh, and if you need evidence of a contrast in attitudes…

Ademola Lookman weighed up his situation, made his mind up and gave you, Sam, no wriggle room, he wanted out to go somewhere else to play, test himself and develop. He went and scored a debut winner in a league you suggested might be the wrong move for him at his age with language barriers etc… well, that analysis bit you straight in the ass didn’t it?

Morgan Schneiderlin on the other hand has played this season like he doesn’t care and doesn’t give a toss. Under Koeman he was poor, under Unsworth he and Mirallas disrespected the stand-in manager and the club, and since you’ve arrived, he still hasn’t shown any desire or intent to improve. His attitude and demeanour, in contrast to that of Ademola Lookman, stinks.

Sam, you said you prepared the team on the basis of what you saw Swansea achieve against Arsenal – are you kidding me/us?

Are you seriously saying that you couldn’t figure out what to do without modelling your game plan on that of a team eight places BELOW us?

Are you seriously suggesting that none of you, Walsh, Shakespeare, Lee or Ferguson had the gumption to devise an Everton game plan?

Because if the answer to any or all three of these questions is Yes, then you all need to pack your bags, clear your desks and get the hell out of Everton Football Club.

As we went into Christmas on a seven game unbeaten run and the threat of relegation largely dispelled, I hoped Sam, that you would seize the opportunity, the best you’ve ever had and now absolutely the last you’ll ever have, to actually do something with a ‘big’ club other than an annual escapologist act.

You’ve failed miserably and completely to seize the moment, the greatest opportunity of your career and after that Emirates performance alone, you along with Walsh, Shakespeare, Lee and Ferguson should hang your collective heads in shame.

Relegation was a terrible, terrible prospect but right now, I and maybe thousands of Evertonians are more sick of the humiliations we keep enduring.

Mr.Moshiri – if you’re not already searching for a new manager and support team, then you should be. Because if you’re not and you think the present manager, his team and DoF are the men for next season and beyond, then maybe you’re not the man for Everton Football Club either.

Mr.Moshiri, who is the skipper on the bridge of our ship?
Is anybody on the bridge steering our ship out of troubled waters?

Because right now, I and thousands of Evertonians see nothing but icebergs on the horizon !

Origin, my personal blog - https://andycostigan.wordpress.com

Last edited:

I was very willing to give Allardyce a good run at the job and am hesitant about knee-jerking but he seems paralysed with fear when it comes to playing half decent teams and making so many changes from Leicester game is mind boggling. And to stick with the system for the entire first half when it's clearly not working after 10 minutes shows that he's either not bothered about, incapable of or scared to make big decisions.

Setting up a team to play like that must be sending a message to the players that he doesn't think they're good enough to compete and the capitulation after the first goal shows the team are more than willing to buy into that excuse. The first few minutes there was some active pressing but once the 1st went in it was just here we go again.

Great post.

I am pro Allardyce given our predicament this season, but Saturday's result was entirely down to him. I'm very disappointed he chose not to accept some of the blame for that debacle.

He never accepts responsibility. It's one of his continuous traits over 20 years. He spends his whole life deflecting blame onto others and the media and gullible fans have lapped it up.

EXCELLENT POST ANDY !!!! With this waster in charge, we will get the odd scrappy result against the teams below us and shake in fear and roll over to the teams above us. After Koeman, i was reluctantly prepared to give him a chance (i really detested the guy even before he came to Everton). This has not worked and although he seemed to steady the ship slightly at first the football we are watching is mindnumbing and totally embarrassing, he is not the answer and it will only get worse the longer he is here

Only till the end of the season- fetching a top manager in now is pointless cost a fortune for a no transfer policy - hard to atttract anyone with this bunch of players assembled Sam and Walsh, and Lee sack the lot!

Oh no, I agree, just the thought of it is enough to turn to the bleach

Another thing that wound me up watching that game yesterday was how both sets of players put pressure on the referee for every single decision. For years weve always said Everton players don’t do this because “ we are too nice” but it dawned on me yesterday the reason we don’t do it is because none of them care enough. Look at that challenge on Theo on Saturday. A shocking tackle but no one bothered to make a fuss probably because it would hav delayed the final whistle and clocking off time.

Great post.

I am pro Allardyce given our predicament this season, but Saturday's result was entirely down to him. I'm very disappointed he chose not to accept some of the blame for that debacle.
yes, not only his refusal to own any part of that debacle, even worse though was telling everyone his half assed strategy of copying Swansea to get us through. Can you imagine Klopp reacting to a defeat by saying he had shown his players Spurs game against Huddersfield, and told them to copy Huddersfield's back five plan? His post match comments made things about twice as bad as they already were. I can just about excuse his angry throwing players under the bus (can't blame him, they are a right shower) but the window into his tactics was so utterly uninspiring. He's done himself enormous damage there, by showing everyone the paucity of his preparation and ambition

Status
Not open for further replies.