Homepage Update: Mirallas departs Blues for Olympiacos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greece the first line of defence against brown people, you learn something new every day.

Well Turks and Persians etc are not strictly speaking 'brown' but having been brought up on the BBC's special recipe of searching for offence on behalf of others I can clearly see how you got there. Some of the various armies that invaded Hellas used slave soldiers if that is any consolation? Ottomans and Persians were particularly fond of slave armies. The 100s of wars the Greeks fought against invaders were more about stopping the ideologies those invaders brought with them - namely Sunni Islam and a direct contradiction to the Greek's belief in things such as democracy, women's rights and the Mediterranean way of life- from alcohol to the worship of beauty. :)

Pint of Alfa and a bag of dry roasted peanuts from the British shop lol

My favourite hands down!

alfa-beer.jpg

Where in Greece are you ?

Born and raised in London. In fact I am mostly of English decent. Was my Grandfather who was from Arcadia in the Peloponnese. I actually lived in Liverpool a year when I was at uni there.. needless to say got precious little study done.. Watched Everton vs Chelsea though at Goodison. Saw Barcelona hammer Liverpool at Anfield too.

Status
Not open for further replies.