Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have to grudgingly say they are a pleasure to watch in the couple games I have watched them play this season :(
You ought to choose your words a bit more carefully - there is absolutely no way in which the RS playing good stuff and winning games can surely give any Blue "pleasure". You can admire it yes; but get pleasure from it? Absolutely no way.

It is true, we are absolutely pedestrian, but where is this style of play coming from. RK has got to change the way we play...to fast pace, quicker forward passing football...it will start tomorrow, confident of a win by 2 goals (odds 9/1)
It's odd that in the first half of last seasons home game V Spurs we played exactly that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah right.
So what was the recruitment like at Valencia? Were there any mitigating circumstances for his failure? Having the right players is important of course, as you say.
Don't pretend to know what the recruitment was like at Valencia, only that Southampton have churned out and signed good players year in and year out. Have had the same DoF for ages too.

And, by quite a bit of accounts, the "mitigating circumstances" is that he fell out with loads of Valencia players before they all downed tools. Just like he fell out with Southampton players as well.

Are we that much worse off than last year. Look at the results from the corresponding fixtures.
Points wise. One worse off.
Performance wise in the league not much.
Last season beat stoke with a lucky peno.
Got a draw at city after saving two pensos
Got spanked 5 nil at chelsea.
Drew with spurs.
United be interesting but it's after that we need to improve performances and results. Need to win the next 3 league games after United

At times of alleged turmoil, I usually wait a few weeks, at least until around the end of October to see how we are doing after a slow start.

If things are not improving then it might be time to start worrying.

I get everybody's point that the football is bland, flaccid and without much purpose at the moment, and if truth be told, one thing we all got on Martinez's back for was trying to shoe horn all the decent players in and playing them out of position, like he did with Eto, Barkley etc, so Koeman will get no grace from me if he makes exactly he same mistake.

It is clear the side needs a bit of variety, not lots of similar players all being asked to do jobs they are not familiar with. Pace is the big worry, as we do not have a lot of it especially with Bolasie and Coleman out until further notice.

Tonight would be a good time to start picking a balanced side and get a settled first choice XI until the injured players come back.

It's time for him to find a winning formula and fast before we start hitting the winnable games. If we can avoid the huge lull we hit last season, we technically aren't even out of champions league contention. We lost games that we realistically should have lost (albeit we should have put up better fights in almost every one of them). We need to win more of the away fixtures against the Bournemouths, Burnleys, West Hams and so on.

How many points did people expect us to have after 4 games. I can safely say 4 was the general opinion by most including me.

So why all the bedwetting

A lot of our fans are turning Into deluded Kopites.We are the 7th best team in the land and we hope to go far in cups and Europe, sooner we all come to terms with it, the better.

It's the performances not the results, not hard to grasp is it or do you just like the words bed wetters as it is in nearly everyone of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.