The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly dont see the problem with it.
  • Gave an update on Barkley
  • Discussed the players we have signed (slightly dodged the question about Koeman picking the players to buy)
  • Basically told Ross - you probably wont play for us again as we have 3 replacements for you
Don't think he was theatrical - think he gave plain answers to plain questions with an obvious care to not say anything out of place.

Don't think we learnt much other than perhaps confirm that there is no intention on Ross's side to sign a new contract
Your 3rd bullet point is the one I can't quite wrap my head around...we've basically bought 3 players for Barkleys position before he has left, yet we haven't replaced Lukaku and he left with plenty of notice.

Someone at the club has failed to do their job properly, they should be held responsible.

Your 3rd bullet point is the one I can't quite wrap my head around...we've basically bought 3 players for Barkleys position before he has left, yet we haven't replaced Lukaku and he left with plenty of notice.

Someone at the club has failed to do their job properly, they should be held responsible.

We will have to wait and see. Like Moshiri said...we have signed a lot of players and they have to gel. If they don't then we look again in January. It can take some time for players to gel...cast your mind back to 83-84 season when the fans turned on Kendall, players booed off the pitch against Coventry in front of 13000 people. The same players and manager went on to reach the League Cup Final, win the FA Cup and the next season was our most successful. Who knows what will happen.

We will have to wait and see. Like Moshiri said...we have signed a lot of players and they have to gel. If they don't then we look again in January. It can take some time for players to gel...cast your mind back to 83-84 season when the fans turned on Kendall, players booed off the pitch against Coventry in front of 13000 people. The same players and manager went on to reach the League Cup Final, win the FA Cup and the next season was our most successful. Who knows what will happen.
Let's hope and pray that DCL turns out like the young Scotish striker of that era;)

I don't believe that's true

Hopefully not but Is the proof in the pudding? This was his 3rd window. He had as good as banked his 35 mill last night. In doing so he had broken even after 3 windowa. Is that investment? Remember he disnt put a stop to the rumours when he arrived he was willing to invest 100 million last summer. Invest meaning not sell to buy. We remain a sell to buy club.

Oh, i can.

I thought DCL's performance at City was reminiscent of the young Sharpie.

I hope so but even at Sharpies young age he was still scoring and actually looked dangerous. I loved Sharpie when he was coming through then a young Dave Watson turned up at Goodison with Norwich and they had a battle all match. Shock to Sharpies system which seen him disappear for a good few months but thankfully came back stronger.

I hope so but even at Sharpies young age he was still scoring and actually looked dangerous. I loved Sharpie when he was coming through then a young Dave Watson turned up at Goodison with Norwich and they had a battle all match. Shock to Sharpies system which seen him disappear for a good few months but thankfully came back stronger.
No a young Sharpie took a while to emerge -DCL has his qualities we now have to live in hope!

Hopefully not but Is the proof in the pudding? This was his 3rd window. He had as good as banked his 35 mill last night. In doing so he had broken even after 3 windowa. Is that investment? Remember he disnt put a stop to the rumours when he arrived he was willing to invest 100 million last summer. Invest meaning not sell to buy. We remain a sell to buy club.
Most clubs are sell to buy tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.