The Farhad Moshiri interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments about this being 80% Koeman's team does seem like a bit of blame deflection exercise. He would do well to remember though that Koeman's public demands for a striker and a CH are echoing the demands of the fans.

It's going to be a strange atmosphere against Spurs on Saturday week.

Personally can't believe he did the interview. Can't believe that when we knew we were selling lukaku that we didn't invest first in a striker to replace him and then concentrate on others such as klassen and sigurdson. Surely there was an order in which we wanted players in such as we need a striker first centre back second then a replacement for Barkley etc etc. It just seems like we went about the window like a kid in a sweet shop and forgot that our favourite was a sherbet fountain and found we didn't have enough cash left to buy one at the end, then pretended that we were OK with a bag full of cola bottles to our mates and that we didn't really fancy the sherbet fountain in the first place. Absolute nonsense interview and the sooner moshiri realises just how stupid he sounds in interviews the better. A window that started so well has ended up in my eyes a glorious disorganized failure.

Pure theatrics that interview. Wonder who he gets that from?
I for one was embarrassed. Unless I missed it, what other chairmen went live with a few minutes left to try and explain his way out of the mess. When you're in a hole, stop digging.
We've giggled about it, but this so called relationship with that closet Jim White is doing us no good at all.

Personally can't believe he did the interview. Can't believe that when we knew we were selling lukaku that we didn't invest first in a striker to replace him and then concentrate on others such as klassen and sigurdson. Surely there was an order in which we wanted players in such as we need a striker first centre back second then a replacement for Barkley etc etc. It just seems like we went about the window like a kid in a sweet shop and forgot that our favourite was a sherbet fountain and found we didn't have enough cash left to buy one at the end, then pretended that we were OK with a bag full of cola bottles to our mates and that we didn't really fancy the sherbet fountain in the first place. Absolute nonsense interview and the sooner moshiri realises just how stupid he sounds in interviews the better. A window that started so well has ended up in my eyes a glorious disorganized failure.
I agree with that, strengthen your spine first. I put the blame for that though on the manager.

I repeat my comments from yesterday, a joke of a board at this club.

I don't have issue with him saying something publicly. What I have an issue with is trying to justify failure again. The board should be coming out and telling the fans they failed and hold themselves accountable for not bringing in the players the manager wanted. Instead we get justification for their failure which is frankly just an insult to us.

This will happen every summer and every summer we will get a half arsed explanation as to why it has happened.

It's a complete joke, it's no different than the arteta money comments from years ago.

Honestly dont see the problem with it.
  • Gave an update on Barkley
  • Discussed the players we have signed (slightly dodged the question about Koeman picking the players to buy)
  • Basically told Ross - you probably wont play for us again as we have 3 replacements for you
Don't think he was theatrical - think he gave plain answers to plain questions with an obvious care to not say anything out of place.

Don't think we learnt much other than perhaps confirm that there is no intention on Ross's side to sign a new contract

• Gave an update on Barkley
  • Discussed the players we have signed (slightly dodged the question about Koeman picking the players to buy)
  • Basically told Ross - you probably wont play for us again as we have 3 replacements for you
Don't think he was theatrical - think he gave plain answers to plain questions with an obvious care to not say anything out of place.

Don't think we learnt much other than perhaps confirm that there is no intention on Ross's side to sign a new contract

This is what I thought as well......

Did he? or was he just pointing out that he won't be playing for us anyway as he'll be injured until mid-December then once he's got his fitness back the Window will be open and he'll be gone?

I'm sure the whole Ross problem last night is Spurs deciding they can get get us to pay his wages for a few more months and his rehab whilst alll the time lowering his his price to get something for him January.

I've got no probs with him doing the interview. Why would I?

I have a problem with our manager identifying two critical positions and the hopeless board not delivering.

He said the 'board know'

Sell Ross for 35m and the net spend is 5/6m.

Beginning to look like moshiri isn't the great savior at all. A more improved version of bill kenwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.