New Everton Stadium Discussion

There is a difference between a 'fan' and a 'supporter'.

I've got 7 cousins on my mum's side, and they would all say they support Liverpool if asked. I'm the only Everton supporter and I've been going the match my whole life. Collectively, they must've been to about three games, and I'm not exaggerating.

Probably the same in school, we were outnumbered, but the four Everton fans in the class would actually go to the game.

They're just the easy option to be a 'fan' of.

I don't class them as real football supporters, and never will.

I know plenty of lads who go to Liverpool games home and away.

I get it. People like to think that the city is blue. It just doesn't stack up when you look at the facts.

As for all the 'wool' stuff posted by some bel end troll in this thread, yes, a massive number of people who go to Goodison every week don't live in Liverpool. Thousands upon thousands.

Your reply doesn't really suggest you disagree with anything I posted. Not interested with the whys and wherefores. Put simply, we have more young match goers than them and as many local people attending Goodison as they have Anfield. Not interested in how many shirts you see, nor how many armchair fans they claim. Couldn't care less about Tweets either. This thread is about our new stadium and bums on seats. I'm confident we'll fill a 60,000 seater. Sod that lot and their gang of phonies.

On the young match goers, absolutely. Not convinced we have as many locals attending though. Their ground holds 14,000 more to start with...

What are we moaning about now? That a bigger capacity means more wools and us from across the border can fill up the stadium with our half 'n' halves and flags?

On the young match goers, absolutely. Not convinced we have as many locals attending though. Their ground holds 14,000 more to start with...
True, I wouldnt be as confident in saying that as I was before they built the holepunch. That said, who's to say they don't get 15,000 to 20,000 non locals? I wouldn't be surprised if they did. We don't get any where near that many. Put it this way, if they had as many fans as they crack on to have, they'd need a 500,000 stadium for the locals "fans" who claim to support them.

Anyhow, back on topic, eh? This thread is about our new stadium, not that crowd. What ale do you want inside the ground? I hope we go for one of the local microbreweries, along side a big name lager for the non-believers.

I think people underestimate the pull of a swanky new stadium with modern facilities and an all round better match going experience. I think it'll appeal to a lot more families and people like me who get to about 6-8 games a season will be more inclined to take the plunge and get a season ticket. I reckon a fair few tourists would bulk up the attendance too.