2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem for me us I honestly think he's gonna stagnate at the under 23 level so will look like now mate, he really should be given a chance when you look at who we are playing in that spot, a young cb, a absolute journeyman or a striker, or even a young centre mid....

The other thing is as well mate, imagine what all this is doing to the lads confidence.

just to be contrary it could be that Davies was so good last season when he finally cam in, because Koeman held him back a little bit?

The dutch generally blood youth, you only have to look at Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, it's in the DNA.

I too would have him in the team now too, but whose to say Koeman doesn't have similar plans this year for Kenny?

Putting a young lad in a team that has yet to gel, might not be the best long term move.

He just seems to have everything, defensively sound, great engine on him, boss going forward, can pick a pass out.

Whilst Gana and Schneiderlin are boss at what they do, they just don't have the all round game of Davies.

i know this isnt his thread but really think he will be in the england world cup squad next summer partly because englands midfield options are so crap but mainly cos he'll deserve it.

Surely Kenny's 'weaknesses' can't be any worse than martina's weaknesses. Baffling decision to bring in martina, when we have Holgate or Kenny to cover Coleman.

Its not really seeing as he knows him already. The manager obviously sees something in him.

Whilst I am here seen a few saying that they cant believe that Calvert Lewin started ahead of Kenny. Can we knock this on the head? Anyone who watched the game will know that he was not playing right back/right wing back or anything like that. It was an unbalanced formation and Gueye was playing there more than anybody.

Its not really seeing as he knows him already. The manager obviously sees something in him.

Whilst I am here seen a few saying that they cant believe that Calvert Lewin started ahead of Kenny. Can we knock this on the head? Anyone who watched the game will know that he was not playing right back/right wing back or anything like that. It was an unbalanced formation and Gueye was playing there more than anybody.

It actually looked like at one point that some of the players didn't know where they were meant to be playing, they looked all over the gaff. It was a case of the old ' square pegs in round holes' crap.

The other thing is as well mate, imagine what all this is doing to the lads confidence.

Added to what it does to the morale of the entire Under 23's and younger lads as well, basically seeing the best of the crop not even being given a shot despite doing absolutely everything he could in Under 23's and with the International junior sides.

Seeing the rs start that Trent Alexander lad - whose only 19 - and not even a natural right back, Spurs doing the same with that Walker Peters - whose similar age, meanwhile Kenny cant get a look in even on the bench - and we start a striker at wingback and then bring on a absolutely bog average right back second half.

Given we actually look REALLY pedestrian and one paced - i'd have thought the injection of the likes of Kenny, Lookman and such would actually give us a bit more energy

Which you could argue makes the entire situation even worse, the manager due to not trusting any right back we have decided to do an utter shambles of a formation to shoe horn in a certain player - and to avoid playing others?

Added to what it does to the morale of the entire Under 23's and younger lads as well, basically seeing the best of the crop not even being given a shot despite doing absolutely everything he could in Under 23's and with the International junior sides.

Seeing the rs start that Trent Alexander lad - whose only 19 - and not even a natural right back, Spurs doing the same with that Walker Peters - whose similar age, meanwhile Kenny cant get a look in even on the bench - and we start a striker at wingback and then bring on a absolutely bog average right back second half.

Given we actually look REALLY pedestrian and one paced - i'd have thought the injection of the likes of Kenny, Lookman and such would actually give us a bit more energy

That's the thing mate, we look piss poor down our right, as you say, imagine the pace and energy of Kenny and Lookman both down the right.

just to be contrary it could be that Davies was so good last season when he finally cam in, because Koeman held him back a little bit?

The dutch generally blood youth, you only have to look at Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, it's in the DNA.

I too would have him in the team now too, but whose to say Koeman doesn't have similar plans this year for Kenny?

Putting a young lad in a team that has yet to gel, might not be the best long term move.

Problem is mate, Kenny is not even making the bench.

Which you could argue makes the entire situation even worse, the manager due to not trusting any right back we have decided to do an utter shambles of a formation to shoe horn in a certain player - and to avoid playing others?

Indeed.

Maybe he just thinks Kenny is not quite ready yet?

I cant say I agree with him but he probably knows more than me seeing as he sees him every day.

Indeed.

Maybe he just thinks Kenny is not quite ready yet?

I cant say I agree with him but he probably knows more than me seeing as he sees him every day.

Some managers just don't fancy certain players as well mate and choose ones that are clearly inferior.

He won't be the first or last manager to make strange decisions

Still for the life of me have never understood managers - and most do it, who insist on playing players out of position when they suck at it

Status
Not open for further replies.