Why do Everton support StubHub?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works well for me. I have had a season ticket for ever, and couldn't imaging life without it. However, I spend a lot of time abroad. So, when I'm away, i sell my ticket for face value. This means that another blue gets to go to the game, in a great seat, and I can keep my season ticket.

Exactly what I do. In effect I subsidise whoever buys my ticket....Stubhub isn't bad, people are.

Is somebody over-charging any different to people who don't go to home games always being able to get their hands on tasty aways?

Last edited:
I would love it if there was another way to buy tickets. As an international follow, it was the only way I could guarantee that I got tickets last year, so I had to pay a horrendous amount for them. Perhaps the sad thing is that I was happy to pay well over face value for them. If the demand is there, people will sell the tickets for as much as they can.

Im pretty sure thats not possible seeing as only Season Tickets can be listed

Not sure what to say there Joey, mine is a ST, and when the club started with stubhub, it most definitely was a getting resold a 2nd time... if you want to call BS?? Well I guess bully for you.... I don't really feel the need to BS to gain favour on an internet forum...

To be fair... I left uk 5 years ago to live in NZ. I came back in april to visit the family and managed to get tickets to burnley and Leicester with stubhub. Most tickets on there I find are lent by good blues offering at face value. Both my tickets were.

On the flip side...I would have paid pretty much anything to get back inside goodison, so theres certainly potential to get ripped off.

That's not quite true.

I'm surprised a season ticket listed on stubhub could be relisted, but you occasionally see "paper tickets" listed for sale for both home and away games which are outside the scope of the agreement between Everton and Stubhub so are just private sales. They appear on Stubhub in the same place as any other tickets so, for the home games, it's not obvious which are private sales and which are STH giving up the activation for their card for the game.

It is unusual to see tickets for private sale on Stubhub though.

Not sure what to say there Joey, mine is a ST, and when the club started with stubhub, it most definitely was a getting resold a 2nd time... if you want to call BS?? Well I guess bully for you.... I don't really feel the need to BS to gain favour on an internet forum...

take it up with the club then lads as they make it clear its for season tickets only on several different pages

Everton have teamed up with StubHub.co.uk to give Season Ticket holders the chance to sell on their seats to other Blues fans if they are set to miss a game.

We know that even the most dedicated supporters may sometimes be forced to miss the occasional match due to family or work commitments.

If that happens, Season Ticket holders can head to StubHub.co.uk and sell their seat for that particular game

Who can sell Everton tickets on StubHub.co.uk?

Any current Everton season ticket holder can sell tickets for Everton Barclays Premier League home matches on StubHub.co.uk.

How much can I list my Season Ticket seat for?

Season Ticket Members
can set the price for their seat for any home fixtures that they can’t attend. The Club reserves the right to implement a maximum ‘Buyer Sees’ price for all Season Ticket Members’ listings.

not trying to be bang fellas but you should raise this issue with the club as they couldn't be clearer

take it up with the club then lads as they make it clear its for season tickets only on several different pages

Joey, not sure what to say to you, seems a pointless argument???? whether EFC and stubhub have altered their agreement since year 1, whether because it actually is a ST it can be sold twice, I don't know and really couldn't give a toss.... I don't really have much to gain by BS'ing fellow Blues on an internet forum, but think what you want I guess.....

not trying to be bang fellas but you should raise this issue with the club as they couldn't be clearer

So if I buy another season ticket next year and charge over the odds on stubhub for every game I could actually make money?

Not that I'd rip fellow blues off or anything.
Yes. You could make your money back from a few big home games. The derby already has multiple tickets for £125, in-fact all the "top 6" have tickets for that price. Whoever sits in LB4, Row Q Seat 156 has already listed their ticket for every game.

Last edited:

Not sure what to say Joey, I don't know if the club altered the agreement with stubhub since year 1, or if because my ticket is a ST, if that allows someone to sell it again since it is still a ST, and really I could
give a toss... if you don't think my ticket was resold, oh well, I will get over it....

What is the deal with Stub Hub then?
I know for certain I won't be able to use my season ticket for a good few games.
If I use this service and just asked the face price plus any administration charges, is that how it works. And how do I know it's going to an Evertonian?

Everton Football Club:

Released a statement on BBC Radio Merseyside on Friday 11th August 2017: in response to concerns of people buying season tickets and touting them on Stub Hub.

If you see any abuse of tickets. Such as people buying a season ticket then selling the whole season or something equally stupidly abusive.

Or selling tickets excessively above market value.

Report it to the club.

They said they will take action case by case in response to any concerns raised regarding people abusing season tickets

i.e. Denying access to other fans or price gouging.

People buying season tickets they don't intend to use (at all or without valid reason) are not fans. Putting up 19 games onto Stub Hub with no valid reason. That person never intended to go to the match. Should be denied future season tickets.

Yes. You could make your money back from a few big home games. The derby already has multiple tickets for £125, in-fact all the "top 6" have tickets for that price. Whoever sits in LB4, Row Q Seat 156 has already listed their ticket for every game.

See comments above. Club said on BBC Radio Merseyside to report any concerns you have.

Email or telephone. The club told Radio Merseyside you should get in touch.

They will act. Clearly that example is an illustration of abuse of a season ticket. With no intention of it being used.

Surely the club can come to agreement with stub hub to maximise a match ticket sale at 40-50 quid or something

Status
Not open for further replies.