2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads he's captained Ajax to a title and Europa League Final in the past couple of years.

There's a player in there. I reckon reasonable minds would give him a few months of Premier League football.

Maybe you're right, and you can judge a player better than Ronald Koeman and top scouts, but give him a wee bit of time first. There's no points going for the "I wrote him off first cup" you helmets.

There's a whole championship and European competition around this on here mate!

It's amazing. You'd think they'd never watched a game before the way they go on.

A competitive game in pre season with 5 new players in the starting line-up up and fans expect us to play in style. Bet it the same supportERS who have been watching the rs and comparing us.

I must admit I've not been overly impressed with him so far but it is very early days.

Before he came I thought he was a hard working midfielder who makes great forward runs and scores goals.

I think he works hard but don't think he can be relied upon to score a significant amount of goals from midfield.

It's not his fault but there appears to be a real lack of balance in the midfield.

If you are playing 3 there you want a tackler , runner and passer.

For me we have presently got 2 tacklers.

I'm really not sure what Klassen does.

A competitive game in pre season with 5 new players in the starting line-up up and fans expect us to play in style. Bet it the same supportERS who have been watching the rs and comparing us.

Funny, none of them saying it's our year though.

I must admit I've not been overly impressed with him so far but it is very early days.

Before he came I thought he was a hard working midfielder who makes great forward runs and scores goals.

I think he works hard but don't think he can be relied upon to score a significant amount of goals from midfield.

It's not his fault but there appears to be a real lack of balance in the midfield.

If you are playing 3 there you want a tackler , runner and passer.

For me we have presently got 2 tacklers.

I'm really not sure what Klassen does.

He links the play and moves the ball quickly.

He also makes good supporting runs and is always on the front foot pressing.

Our goal last night. Rooney managed to flick it through and in one turn Klaassen took it in and played a perfect ball through to DCL.

He wasn't great last night - and lacked the pace imo to be that link between the midfield and attack - but once he settles into a role in the side (and Koeman conversely settles on how to use him) he'll be excellent.

Klaassen isn't and never will be a playmaker.

It's why we desperately need another creative player since Ross is on his way.

What Klaassen does best is make space for others and link the play with quick first-time passes.

Gylfi - Klaassen and one other in a front three behind a striker would work well imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.