Europa League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes a big difference - when we played them with Yak leading our line they were only just out of pre season and looked desperately unfit. I've heard that said about another team too!

Regardless of who we play in the qualifiers if our attitude is right we win home and away. Gives the players and management something to focus on now.
Agreed mate. They'll be fitter and better than last time but I see nothing short of two wins here. We're definitely a few steps above them. Just have to focus and not balls it up.

If Brann get through, they are 16 games into their season and 2nd in the league. Match fitness could be a factor here, they will be sharper, so we need to be up to scratch fast.

@ToffeeDan ...If we were to make it through this round, I assume again that we can work out to an extent who we can play in the Play off round? Was having a look and if the favourites made it through, I narrowed it down to us being able to play with all of these being unseeded:

HJK Helsinki (Finland)
Panathinaikos (Greece)
Mlada Boleslav (Czech Republic)
Midtjylland (Denmark)
Lech Poznan (Poland)
Hajduk Split (Croatia)
Appollon Limassol (Cyprus)
Maritimo (Portugal)
Dinamo Minsk (Belarus)
Sion (Switzerland)

In terms of the seeding, do you know what happens if there are some upsets. E.g if Galatasaray go out to Ostersunds, do Ostersunds become a seeded team in place of Galatasaray?

And if one of the other seeded teams already in Qualifying Round 3 went out, like PSV Eindhoven, would the team that beat them take over as the seeded team?

Only asking so I can try and have a look at potential flight options for the next round if we do make it through, as I can't make this one unfortunately.

@ToffeeDan ...If we were to make it through this round, I assume again that we can work out to an extent who we can play in the Play off round? Was having a look and if the favourites made it through, I narrowed it down to us being able to play with all of these being unseeded:

HJK Helsinki (Finland)
Panathinaikos (Greece)
Midtjylland (Denmark)
Lech Poznan (Poland)
Hajduk Split (Croatia)
Maritimo (Portugal)
Dinamo Minsk (Belarus)
Sion (Switzerland)

In terms of the seeding, do you know what happens if there are some upsets. E.g if Galatasaray go out to Ostersunds, do Ostersunds become a seeded team in place of Galatasaray?

And if one of the other seeded teams already in Qualifying Round 3 went out, like PSV Eindhoven, would the team that beat them take over as the seeded team?

Only asking so I can try and have a look at potential flight options for the next round if we do make it through, as I can't make this one unfortunately.
Apparently teams keep their own co-efficient (not that of the team they beat) in the 4th round. (Logical, since there are the teams dropping in from the CL as well.)

Bookmark this page - it will keep things up to date for you.
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2017.html

HJK Helsinki (Finland)
Panathinaikos (Greece)
Midtjylland (Denmark)
Lech Poznan (Poland)
Hajduk Split (Croatia)
Maritimo (Portugal)
Dinamo Minsk (Belarus)
Sion (Switzerland)

The 4th round is independent of the 3rd - which is a bit unfair on non seeds who get through only to have to play another seed.

It depends on what happens in our round and in the CL. I have started to do some analysis and will finish it later tonight.

@Wat Tyler @EFC78

The information is here.. the lower down the lists the more likely unseeded in Round 4

Round 2 (in progress) with 1st Leg scores shown

1 Östersund (SWE) v GALATASARAY (TUR) 2 - 0
2 MACCABI TEL AVIV (ISR) v KR Reykjavík (ISL) 3 - 1
3 ASTRA GIURGIU (ROU) v Zirä (AZE) 3 - 1
4 Ferencváros (HUN) v MIDTJYLLAND (DEN) 2 - 4
5 HAJDUK SPLIT (CRO) v Levski Sofia (BUL) 1 - 0
6 Rabotnicki (MKD) v DINAMO MINSK (BLR) 1 - 1
7 Haugesund (NOR) v LECH POZNAN (POL) 3 - 2
8 APOLLON LIMASSOL (CYP) v Zaria Balti (MDA) 3 - 0
9 Shkëndija (MKD) v HJK HELSINKI (FIN) 3 - 1
10 Shamrock Rovers (IRL) v MLADA BOLESLAV (CZE) 2 - 3
11 Željezničar (BIH) v AIK (SWE) 0 - 0
12 Osijek (CRO) v LUZERN (SUI) 2 - 0
13 BRONDBY (DEN) v VPS Vaasa (FIN) 2 - 0
14 Nõmme Kalju (EST) v VIDEOTON (HUN) 0 - 3
15 Progrès Niederkorn (LUX) v AEL LIMASSOL (CYP) 0 - 1
16 GABALA (AZE) v Jagiellonia Białystok (POL) 1 - 1
17 SLOVAN BRATISLAVA (SVK) v Lyngby (DEN) 0 - 1
18 Irtysh Pavlodar (KAZ) v CRVENA ZVEZDA (SRB) 1 - 1
19 TRENCIN (SVK) v Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv (ISR) 1 - 1
20 Kairat Almaty (KAZ) v SKENDERBEU (ALB) 1 - 1
21 ABERDEEN (SCO) v Široki Brijeg (BIH) 1 - 1
22 Valletta (MLT) v UTRECHT (NED) 0 - 0
23 ALTACH (AUT) v Dinamo Brest (BLR) 1 - 1
24 STURM GRAZ (AUT) v Mladost Podgorica (MNE) 0 - 1
25 Cork City (IRL) v AEK LARNACA (CYP) 0 - 1
26 INTER BAKU (AZE) v Fola Esch (LUX) 1 - 0
27 BEITAR JERUSALEM (ISR) v Botev Plovdiv (BUL) 1 - 1
28 Vaduz (LIE) v ODD (NOR) 0 - 1
29 PANIONOS (GRE) v Gorica (SVN) 2 - 0
30 IFK NORRKOPING (SWE) v Trakai (LTU) 2 - 1
31 Valur Reykjavík (ISL) v DOMZALE (SVN) 1 - 2
32 Ružomberok (SVK) v BRANN (NOR) 0 - 1
33 LIEPAJA (LVA) v Suduva (LTU) 0 - 2

33 qualifiers join 25 seeds in QR3 - draw made 14 July. Seeds above are in CAPITALS. Non-seeds
beating seeds will inherit Ranking of defeated seed for QR3 (Winners of Matches 1-10 become seeds, 11-29 non-seeds in QR3)

QR3 Draw (winners of QR2 matches numbered above)

1 Zenit St. Petersburg Rus v (Winner 19) 41
47 Dinamo Bucuresti Rom v Athletic Bilbao Esp 2
3 (Winner 1) v (Winner 26) 49
46 (Winner 24) v Fenerbahçe Tur 4
40 (Winner 18) v Sparta Praha Cze 5
55 Universitatea Craiova Rom v AC Milan Ita 6
7 PSV Eindhoven Ned v (Winner 12) 32
30 (Winner 11) v Sporting Braga Por 8
9 AA Gent Bel v (Winner 23) 45
35 Olimpik Donetsk Ukr v PAOK Thessaloniki Gre 10
11 FK Krasnodar Rus v (Winner 17) 39
12 Girondins Bordeaux Fra v (Winner 14) 34
13 Everton Eng v (Winner 32) 57
14 Olympique Marseille Fra v KV Oostende Bel 36
15 Dinamo Zagreb Cro v (Winner 28) 51
16 (Winner 2) v (Winner 29) 52
17 SC Freiburg Ger v (Winner 31) 54
18 (Winner 3) v FC Oleksandriya Ukr 31
19 Austria Wien Aut v (Winner 15) 37
56 Arka Gdynia Pol v (Winner 4) 20
21 Panathinaikos Gre v (Winner 16) 38
50 (Winner 27) v Maritimo Funchal Por 22
58 (Winner 33) v FC Sion Sui 23
33 (Winner 13) v (Winner 5) 24
48 (Winner 25) v (Winner 6) 25
44 (Winner 22) v (Winner 7) 26
43 (Winner 21) v (Winner 8) 27
53 (Winner 30) v (Winner 9) 28
29 (Winner 10) v (Winner 20) 42

Ordered by Seeding for this round (shown next to team name) - subject to change (for QR4 draw purposes)

QR4 Draw

Assumed to qualify from earlier rounds, plus those joining at this stage and those presumed to lose in CL Rd 3

Total make up 44 teams from a possible list of 145
Prequalified 5, QR3 winners 29 (from a possible list of 91) , CL losers 10 from 20

Present Order

Everton are seeded 14th of 44 at present and need to be in the first 22 to be seeded.

CL teams presently playing Round 2:

Ranked Higher (seeded to proceed to CL QR4)
Celtic, FC Salzburg, Kobenhavn, Ludogorets, BATE Borisov - and 12 other teams seeded but ranked below Everton

Ranked Lower: All 17 teams not seeded - would not join EL

The 17 winners from CLQR2 play in CLQR3 joining 13 other sides - the 15 losers fall into the EL 4th QR.

Olympiakos, Dinamo Kiev, Ajax, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge are ranked above Everton and seeded to proceed. Steaua Bucharest are ranked above Everton and unseeded.

The simple fact is that there are too many variables at this stage to give a straight answer. Yes in theory I could rank all 145 teams and indicate what may or may not happen..

After the 3rd Rounds are over will be much easier

CL Seedings
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2017.html

EL seedings
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2017.html

Last edited:
Despite a surprising number of upsets in the Champion's League third round playoffs, results today confirm Everton will be among the 22 seeded teams for Europa Play-off Round IF they progress against MFK Ruzomberok tomorrow. (Hopefully not jinxing us by writing this post)

Teams added to the Europa Playoff after losing today with higher coefficients than Everton: Ajax, BATE, FC Salzburg, Club Brugge, Victoria Plzen, Dynamo Kiev, Ludogorets Razgrad
As a seeded team, Everton cannot face the teams above and other higher coefficient teams in the Europa 3rd qualifying round - Zenit, Bilbao, Fenerbahce, Sparta Prague, Milan, PSV, Braga, Gent, PAOK, Krasnodar, Bordeaux

Full seeding to be determined following tomorrow's Europa results.

Bottom line, beat Ruzomberok and Everton will avoid the bigger teams in the playoff round.

Despite a surprising number of upsets in the Champion's League third round playoffs, results today confirm Everton will be among the 22 seeded teams for Europa Play-off Round IF they progress against MFK Ruzomberok tomorrow. (Hopefully not jinxing us by writing this post)

Teams added to the Europa Playoff after losing today with higher coefficients than Everton: Ajax, BATE, FC Salzburg, Club Brugge, Victoria Plzen, Dynamo Kiev, Ludogorets Razgrad
As a seeded team, Everton cannot face the teams above and other higher coefficient teams in the Europa 3rd qualifying round - Zenit, Bilbao, Fenerbahce, Sparta Prague, Milan, PSV, Braga, Gent, PAOK, Krasnodar, Bordeaux

Full seeding to be determined following tomorrow's Europa results.

Bottom line, beat Ruzomberok and Everton will avoid the bigger teams in the playoff round.

If we go out tomorrow then I'm making you our official scapegoat, which is a bit like morgsgoat, but smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.