Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some loudmouths a few rows back.....moaning about absolutely everything. One of the choicest ones though was about us shooting at goal from outside the box "all they keep <f word> doing is <f word> shooting". The mind boggles.
Where were you sat because I heard something very similar haha.

In fairness they were shooting from crap angles when a better pass was on which could've led to a much better spaced and angled shot

All looks a bit disjointed right now. Hopefully after a couple months they start learning how each other play and work to their strengths.
A couple of months!?

We play stoke in two weeks, then followed by a grim set of fixtures against top teams...

Didn't get to see the game today. Seems a very mixed review on here. Can I get a completely over the top positive review and another equally over the top negative review so that I can form my opinion of how we played?

I predict a dull 0-0 with 11 behind the ball in return... If we actually failed to reach the group stage that would put a serious downer on all that 'progress' we've been going for.

A couple of months!?

We play stoke in two weeks, then followed by a grim set of fixtures against top teams...
I'm well aware of when we play Stoke, that doesn't change the fact we don't look like a team yet. We got talented individuals that need to play together more.

At one point during a Ruzomberok attack, they had more players in our box than I've ever seen everton put in the box from an open play move... ever

yes, but it's more than just flight time isn't it: it's all the faffing about at the airport, organising passports and travellers cheques etc etc. Also, I think they are in a different time zone so that can play havoc with the body clock. And the climate?...that can discombobulate you as can different pollens and other allergens.
Make no mistake mate, this a tough trip on the body. As I said earlier, park the bus and deny their classy forwards any shots on goal.

It might be a tough game but I hope they don't use travel (i.e., chartered jets, huge support staff, one hour time difference) or pollen as an excuse to park the bus. Why sit back on a 1-0 home win?

Status
Not open for further replies.