Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that though.

We need a squad

Edit, also we are nowhere near top 4 yet imo

What point are you trying to make then? I said he's done nothing to warrant a place in the starting 11 and you said "apart from boss games against City etc... Sigh".

Excuse my ignorance but your response suggests that you disagree with my point.

I agree we're nowhere near top 4 but our aspirations this season have to be to close the gap. No? And to close the gap and challenge for CL, Besic should be nowhere near the team.

What point are you trying to make then? I said he's done nothing to warrant a place in the starting 11 and you said "apart from boss games against City etc... Sigh".

Excuse my ignorance but your response suggests that you disagree with my point.

I agree we're nowhere near top 4 but our aspirations this season have to be to close the gap. No? And to close the gap and challenge for CL, Besic should be nowhere near the team.
Sorry to be perfectly honest I'm just disputing that Besic can be very good and needs to given a shot seeing as he's looking fitter now. Many players fitness were ruined by Martinez.

Sure the aim is to close the gap, but all we've done by selling Lukaku to United is widen it... I personally think we need to try and win the europa like United did to get a chance in the CL.

Our squad is looking better and that will help cope with the demands of various competitions, but lack of a proper goalscorer will hurt us somewhat.

But this is about Besic anyway so just ignore me haha

One game in three years mate.

Did you watch Gana at all last season? Even for a fortnight?

Then you've seen him do more than Besic.

If you read my initial post, you would have noted that I was not mentioning Gana's consistent job he did for us in the middle of the park.

I was referring to how I belived that a fully fit Besic with a run of games, would be a slight upgrade on him due to his technical ability which I think Gana has, but has to improve.

When Besic is fully fit, he's basically an upgraded version of Gana. More technique on the ball and provides the same ball retention

giphy.gif

If he stays fit,he will be in the starting 11 without doubt.It might take until xmas to justify his selection but justify it he will.

reaches for the ARALDITE

I like the guy, and he's been unlucky with injuries, but absolutely nothing he's done aside from that one City game suggests he's anywhere near the starting eleven.

He needs to impress massively when he gets a chance or I can't see him here much longer.

EDIT: Which can actually be counter-productive for a midfielder, funnily enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.