Match Thread FC Twente vs Everton (Wednesday 19th July) 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose security has gotta be taken a little more seriously in this day and age, sadly.
If it was about a terrorist attack than I would agree completely. Sadly it has become a pattern over here long before any terrorism threats. Local councils and police are always going off from worst case scenario. We could learn so much from how the English or Germans are handling this

If it was about a terrorist attack than I would agree completely. Sadly it has become a pattern over here long before any terrorism threats. Local councils and police are always going off from worst case scenario. We could learn so much from how the English or Germans are handling this
Went to an Ajax game and had to state and prove I wasn't a supporter of legia Warsaw was pinned right next to the away end. 10ft bullet proof glass and razor studs at the top crazy

Went to an Ajax game and had to state and prove I wasn't a supporter of legia Warsaw was pinned right next to the away end. 10ft bullet proof glass and razor studs at the top crazy
It's crazy yes.

For example. I'm flying over for the Chelsea game on the 26th of August. Flying from Amsterdam to Birmingham as that is where I will stay for four days of groundhopping. On the friday before, my local team Fortuna are playing Young Ajax in the Dutch 2nd tier.

Now I can't just take the car and drive directly to their academy ground. No, have to buy the ticket beforehand and am supposed to travel by an organised clubcoach to the game. I'm not allowed to go into Amsterdam to have a drink and if I go into the home end I can get a stadium ban for upto 2 years.

So I actually would have to travel to Amsterdam, get back to Sittard after the match and drive back to Amsterdam the following morning. Luckily we're only a small club so everybody knows everybody. Now will stay at an hotel by Schiphol Airport, drive to a gas station at the motorway close to Amsterdam and arrange for the official supportersclub to pick me up there.

Next day in England I can take the train to London, go to Stamford Bridge, have a beer in a pub pre match, get my ticket and go and watch the footy.

Bit of a difference, isn't it?

It's crazy yes.

For example. I'm flying over for the Chelsea game on the 26th of August. Flying from Amsterdam to Birmingham as that is where I will stay for four days of groundhopping. On the friday before, my local team Fortuna are playing Young Ajax in the Dutch 2nd tier.

Now I can't just take the car and drive directly to their academy ground. No, have to buy the ticket beforehand and am supposed to travel by an organised clubcoach to the game. I'm not allowed to go into Amsterdam to have a drink and if I go into the home end I can get a stadium ban for upto 2 years.

So I actually would have to travel to Amsterdam, get back to Sittard after the match and drive back to Amsterdam the following morning. Luckily we're only a small club so everybody knows everybody. Now will stay at an hotel by Schiphol Airport, drive to a gas station at the motorway close to Amsterdam and arrange for the official supportersclub to pick me up there.

Next day in England I can take the train to London, go to Stamford Bridge, have a beer in a pub pre match, get my ticket and go and watch the footy.

Bit silly isn't it ? Do Jong Ajax play near that addidas dome thingy outside the Amsterdam Arena?

No, they're playing at Sportpark De Toekomst, translated as Sportscomplex The Future. It's their academy, women and amateur stadium
Funny story actually was chatting to one of the youth coaches on my last visit had a whipper snapper with him turns out it was Justin Kluvert. Really want to make a trip across again love Holland me. The footy attitudes surprises me given how open minded and at ease I found most dutchies

It's crazy yes.

That's strict, especially for second division. Here you can basically go wherever you want to (sometimes even when you have a stadium ban). Could do with being a more strict; I am quite certain I will see Helmond sport hooligans in September again. For some reason they always let them in again. Sigh.

That's strict, especially for second division. Here you can basically go wherever you want to (sometimes even when you have a stadium ban). Could do with being a more strict; I am quite certain I will see Helmond sport hooligans in September again. For some reason they always let them in again. Sigh.
Where's that mate?

Where's that mate?

Belgium. I mostly watch two teams. One is in third division (non-professional - Dender); there there is no fan separation for practically all matches (small crowds also +- 2000 people). For one there is: the local derby; which for some reason always leads to other clubs coming to the match (in casu De Graafschap and Haarlem; maybe local supporters do the same for them idk). And every time it's the same; it always kicks off between those two (planned off course). You'd assume that next time you don't let them in, but for some reason nobody else seems to think that. The other I watch is RSCA (Anderlecht). Can always get tickets easily (if it's not sold out), have to say I am not fussy about where I sit (most of the time available online).

Status
Not open for further replies.