New CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be patient. Koeman is waiting till next year after we have champions league so he can bid for someone actually worth a damn. For all we know, Peter Southframpton won't sell Virgil Van Sexy this year and we can convince him to join us next year.

Remember, yesterday I mentioned a talismanic forward that i'd like to see? I feel the same about my centre backs and the pairings...

It would be nice if we could have both first choice England centre backs....other than Stones, who is there;
Gibson -- I don't know enough about him? Whats the difference between him and Keane?
Mawson -- Same as above

Ball players
Van Dijk
Lemos -- Mini Van Dijk

Beasts
Koulibaly
Sanchez -- Mini Koulibaly

Young players
Diop -- He should be signed as left sided cover or do an onyekuru...going to be a star.
Sarr -- If we were to bring one, we should sign both...Sarr for LB.

Left Field
Gimenez -- Atletico cant buy players but he has only a year on his contract?

He thinks he's on the Telly.

Confuses me how you know more about foreign kids than PL players, Zat.

Sarr isn't a left-back and never will be I know that for a fact; however his teammate Boscagli plays left-back for the French youth sides and he surprised me how good he is on the ball.

Sarr, for me is like a more powerful Holgate/Galloway and I like the idea of him charging up the flank like a left sided thuram

Diop, put him next to Sarr and they will sort the left side out. Hes massive and will just get bigger and bigger...

Boscagli doesn't ring a bell but you mentioned him here before.

How much do you think they would cost?

Nice play Ajax in Champs League qualifying...we could be waiting :)

Sarr, for me is like a more powerful Holgate/Galloway and I like the idea of him charging up the flank like a left sided thuram

Diop, put him next to Sarr and they will sort the left side out. Hes massive and will just get bigger and bigger...

Boscagli doesn't ring a bell but you mentioned him here before.

How much do you think they would cost?

Nice play Ajax in Champs League qualifying...we could be waiting :)

His quality isn't good enough for LB trust.

Erm not sure, Diop would be very expensive I've read, others not so bad. Majority of French teams sell fairly cheap but Nice have big backing now so who knows.

I'd give Holgate a try personally. He's looked good but doesn't seem to be a natural fullback, I'd like to see him get a chance at CB. No point having all these young gems if we don't give them a chance when the opportunity arises.

Only worry I have with Holgate is in the air, think it was against Stoke away last season, he really struggled big style when Stoke were lumping balls in, I know not all teams will launch the ball in at every opportunity like Stoke, but still a worry. Saying that though, he's a quality player and I reckon he would have learnt from that Stoke game.

His quality isn't good enough for LB trust.

Erm not sure, Diop would be very expensive I've read, others not so bad. Majority of French teams sell fairly cheap but Nice have big backing now so who knows.

Whose the new wave of English centre backs then and how do they compare with our own Michael Keane?

Whose the new wave of English centre backs then and how do they compare with our own Michael Keane?

Gibson
Mawson
Keane
McGuire
Lascelles
Holding
Stephens
Chambers

Keane probably the best of the bunch I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.