New CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally someone who can play left back and central defence. Can't see us paying big money here though, so more a squad player than first choice.

I'd give Holgate a try personally. He's looked good but doesn't seem to be a natural fullback, I'd like to see him get a chance at CB. No point having all these young gems if we don't give them a chance when the opportunity arises.
There's a difference between giving them a chance and having to rely on them. The vast majority of young players aren't good enough. If we are genuinely trying to improve then we can't be relying on them.

List of targets I'd like that will make Zat cream. Just please, please don't let us start with the fat biffs next to Keane:

Gibson
Lemos
Sarr
Diop
Heintz
Soyuncu
Conti
Boscagli (cheap preference)
Riedewald
Mawson
Gnagnon
Orban
Jullien
Dunk
Jansson

Could do with another centre back coming in regardless.

Jagielka is going to completely Weir off a cliff any day now, Williams is a cart horse and Mori and Pennington are garbage.

List of targets I'd like that will make Zat cream. Just please, please don't let us start with the fat biffs next to Keane:

Gibson
Lemos
Sarr
Diop
Heintz
Soyuncu
Conti
Boscagli (cheap preference)
Riedewald
Mawson
Gnagnon
Orban
Jullien
Dunk
Jansson

Remember, yesterday I mentioned a talismanic forward that i'd like to see? I feel the same about my centre backs and the pairings...

It would be nice if we could have both first choice England centre backs....other than Stones, who is there;
Gibson -- I don't know enough about him? Whats the difference between him and Keane?
Mawson -- Same as above

Ball players
Van Dijk
Lemos -- Mini Van Dijk

Beasts
Koulibaly
Sanchez -- Mini Koulibaly

Young players
Diop -- He should be signed as left sided cover or do an onyekuru...going to be a star.
Sarr -- If we were to bring one, we should sign both...Sarr for LB.

Left Field
Gimenez -- Atletico cant buy players but he has only a year on his contract?

Remember, yesterday I mentioned a talismanic forward that i'd like to see? I feel the same about my centre backs and the pairings...

It would be nice if we could have both first choice England centre backs....other than Stones, who is there;
Gibson -- I don't know enough about him? Whats the difference between him and Keane?
Mawson -- Same as above

Ball players
Van Dijk
Lemos -- Mini Van Dijk

Beasts
Koulibaly
Sanchez -- Mini Koulibaly

Young players
Diop -- He should be signed as left sided cover or do an onyekuru...going to be a star.
Sarr -- If we were to bring one, we should sign both...Sarr for LB.

Left Field
Gimenez -- Atletico cant buy players but he has only a year on his contract?

Confuses me how you know more about foreign kids than PL players, Zat.

Sarr isn't a left-back and never will be I know that for a fact; however his teammate Boscagli plays left-back for the French youth sides and he surprised me how good he is on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.