Europa League Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Europa Cup draw is down to the biggest brown envelope given to Gianni Infantino. The draw will be made by Sepp Blatter &
Michel Platini & invigilated By Pierluigi Collina in an AA Box somewhere on the A1.

My predicted - if UEFA stick to rules and only adjust for a few possible same-country clashes, that is to say if they allocated any clash to the next available group without getting shifty with everything else we would face one of the following

FC Oleksandriya (Ukr)
Progres Niederkorn (Lux) or AEL Limassol* (Cyp)
Trencin (Slov)* or Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv (Isr)
Sturm Graz* (Aus) or Mladost Podgorica (Mne)
Vaduz (Lie) or Odd* (Norway)
Arka Gdynia (Pol)

But there's absolutely no guarantee that somebody at UEFA won't decide to throw a spanner in the works. In theory Group A will be the group with only 10 teams in order to allocate rankings equally but again that's assuming somebody doesn't fancy tinkering.

Thanks mate. Ukraine would be a nightmare.

My predicted - if UEFA stick to rules and only adjust for a few possible same-country clashes, that is to say if they allocated any clash to the next available group without getting shifty with everything else we would face one of the following

FC Oleksandriya (Ukr)
Progres Niederkorn (Lux) or AEL Limassol* (Cyp)
Trencin (Slov)* or Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv (Isr)
Sturm Graz* (Aus) or Mladost Podgorica (Mne)
Vaduz (Lie) or Odd* (Norway)
Arka Gdynia (Pol)

But there's absolutely no guarantee that somebody at UEFA won't decide to throw a spanner in the works. In theory Group A will be the group with only 10 teams in order to allocate rankings equally but again that's assuming somebody doesn't fancy tinkering.

If you've got that right Dan, I'll be massively impressed.
Could manage another trip to Ukraine, Israel would be different.

Wikipedia explains it well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_UEFA_Europa_League

Amongst the confirmed unseeded teams I count two Ukrainian, two Romanian, and one Polish, while there looks to be a lot of Eastern European / Balkan teams in the second-round ties so a longer trip out east looks likely for us.

Exciting though, can't wait - potential banana skin, hope Ron gives the competition the respect it deserves and we play full strength teams in the third round. From memory West Ham were bundled out before the group stages a couple of years back so we should take nothing for granted.

Due to seeding we can't get teams like Milan. It'll be a part-time club from eastern Europe

We should be playing a full-strength team here btw, don't care if we get St Johnstone or whatever. Competition has to be taken seriously. I predict we'll get Odds BK

If you've got that right Dan, I'll be massively impressed.
Could manage another trip to Ukraine, Israel would be different.

Based it on the premise that 1,2,3,4,5 (seeds) were placed in Groups A-E with 6-10 in E to A. There is no real reason to move teams about in the seeded section. This would put us (13) into Group C with the 3rd, 8th etc ranked teams. Assuming a fair draw... that makes Group A the odd one out with just 5 teams (who is to say they won't jig it about to make it E and appear, aestetically, more pleasing with 12 in A-D and 10 in E..

Anyway it all works out nicely with the non-seeds (30-58) being allocated in reverse so that, like a balanced draw the weakest are coupled with the strongest side, 2nd strongest with 2nd weakest. There was a need to allocate a handful because of country clashes.. Anyway let's see if they do play it as fair as possible of make some niggly little adjustments.

Based it on the premise that 1,2,3,4,5 (seeds) were placed in Groups A-E with 6-10 in E to A. There is no real reason to move teams about in the seeded section. This would put us (13) into Group C with the 3rd, 8th etc ranked teams. Assuming a fair draw... that makes Group A the odd one out with just 5 teams (who is to say they won't jig it about to make it E and appear, aestetically, more pleasing with 12 in A-D and 10 in E..

Anyway it all works out nicely with the non-seeds (30-58) being allocated in reverse so that, like a balanced draw the weakest are coupled with the strongest side, 2nd strongest with 2nd weakest. There was a need to allocate a handful because of country clashes.. Anyway let's see if they do play it as fair as possible of make some niggly little adjustments.

You'll be close.

But for my benefit I hope you're wrong about Oleksandriya andBnei Yehuda.

Arka and Mladacost would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.