Homepage Update: Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't. If we were we wouldn't be posting in a forum, we'd be playing or managing.

There is no doubt that both Shilton and Southall were fabulous keepers but in terms of coaching and indeed managing neither of those two really set the world alight.The irony is neither of them playing or managing and in truth they are both posting , maybe not on a forum but nonetheless on the net.
I am far from convinced that Pickford is anything more than a keeper with potential and you don't commit the sort of sums being talked about for a keeper after just 31 top flight games and with a record of letting in on average 1.84 goals a games lightly .Yet it seems Everton are prepared to. I am not sure if it's a sign of ambition or folly.
As I said earlier I am a little puzzled as to why details of an agreed fee has been made public something doesn't quite add up and I can only think there is still some twists and turns in this one.

We are spending £30m on a keeperlol:cheers: overpaying? Maybe, but we are not in a position to attract top players so will have to pay big fees and wages to get them here. This is a good start to the summer and shows we mean business.

Yes he was on his way and got diverted to Leeds FC!
He never got diverted. Uncle Pete f'ked it good and proper taking him to Hamperland. NM's words. He spoke to us without stepping foot near to anything club related. He then went to Leeds and was shown around the full club facilities, ground and given the 'football' treatment. That convinced him.
He added if Poppa Spuddle had shown him what he saw when he eventually signed he never would have reached the M62, let alone Leeds.

Cheers Uncle Pete.

He never got diverted. Uncle Pete f'ked it good and proper taking him to Hamperland. NM's words. He spoke to us without stepping foot near to anything club related. He then went to Leeds and was shown around the full club facilities, ground and given the 'football' treatment. That convinced him.
He added if Poppa Spuddle had shown him what he saw when he eventually signed he never would have reached the M62, let alone Leeds.

Cheers Uncle Pete.

Leeds gave his mrs a big bunch of flowers, treated her like royalty. Basics, really

There is no doubt that both Shilton and Southall were fabulous keepers but in terms of coaching and indeed managing neither of those two really set the world alight.The irony is neither of them playing or managing and in truth they are both posting , maybe not on a forum but nonetheless on the net.
I am far from convinced that Pickford is anything more than a keeper with potential and you don't commit the sort of sums being talked about for a keeper after just 31 top flight games and with a record of letting in on average 1.84 goals a games lightly .Yet it seems Everton are prepared to. I am not sure if it's a sign of ambition or folly.
As I said earlier I am a little puzzled as to why details of an agreed fee has been made public something doesn't quite add up and I can only think there is still some twists and turns in this one.
Maybe as a result of careful and extensive scouting?

Cheers Uncle Pete.
Agent Johnson the kopite!

Status
Not open for further replies.