Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Koeman Not Confident On Barkley
koemanbarkley2-1024x461.jpg

Ronald Koeman is not confident Ross Barkley will sign a new contract.

When asked for an update on Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku, Koeman answered "I don't know"

Prompted about the ultimatum he gave to Ross to sign before the end of the season, Koeman replied: "But it's after the game [Arsenal]. On Monday. Then we'll know it"

When asked how important it was to keep Barkley, Koeman answered: "If you offer a player a contract. A good contract. That means that you like to keep the player. I don't need to explain more. If we don't want the player to stay longer, then we don't offer him a new contract"

Koeman was then asked if he feels confident Barkley will stay at Everton, he bluntly answered "No. No because it's a long time that he is thinking about his future. I'm not worried because I like to work with players who like to stay. It's not about his decision, we will go on looking for players in that position and even when he stays, there's more competition for him next season"

On being asked "Is your patience running out with Ross?", Koeman said: "I spoke to the player, the board spoke to the player and his agent. We will see what the answer will be.

"We need an answer after the weekend, I don't know what will happen if he doesn't give any answer. I don't know.

Its a shame really as it would seem for his career it would be best to stay at Everton at least for a couple more years. He's a good player, but not world class. Hard to see him getting as many games at any English team in the Champions league and with the fight for places getting more competitive there is no guarantee of champions league year in and out at any club really. Really seems like he wants out...my impression is that he doesn't like Koeman's tough love approach. This doesn't bode well for his career in general.

I can only think he knows someone from top 6 is after him, cough, cough Team Tap-up (aka England).

Good luck to him as he moves, another career ruined by a move from a club that lauded him and suited him. cf Rodwell etc.

What will we get for him as he's only got one year left on his contract.
Shame to see him go but he's thick as [Poor language removed] and won't get any better .

Status
Not open for further replies.