Match Thread Everton v Man Citeh

Snickers - have they got smaller over the last 5 years?

• Yes

Votes: 276 93.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just everything I have wanted to see from us for so long.

The effort from the players was there and that's what we want to see every match. Application like that is how we can play teams like this City side off the park.

Back three were fairly solid, even Funes didn't look his regularly shaky self. Williams in particular took charge and cleared his lines we'll all game. Another solid showing from Holgate.

The wing backs were good as well. Coleman shines more in this formation because he actually has the legs for it. Baines did well but a couple of times Lukaku was hoping he'd be further up the pitch when he was pressing.

Barkley, Barry, and Davies were superb pressing constantly and switching positions to cover the space so they couldn't line up a shot outside the box. The passing was incisive from both Barkley and Davies and we were ruthlessly efficient taking our chances when they came. What a flick, run, and goal by Davies. I'm going to be replaying that in my head when I'm daydreaming in the office this week.

I even saw McCarthy take on and beat one of their players. Schneiderlin looked a bit off the pace and a little lost in the formation but I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually with game time.

Mirallas was great and really ran himself into the ground. Him and Lukaku have a good understanding and they were supporting each other very well. Two very well taken goals from both of them today.

Lookman was just the cherry on top. I was just happy to see him given the few minutes and he's gone and scored on his debut. That is going to do him wonders. I had a smile as big as his at the end of the game.

Just brilliant.

T
aCWwqtK.jpg

Great game and great result.

So happy to see the youngsters being a major part of it too.

Please please kick on from here as we have a few very winnable games the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.