Match Thread Ebepton v Woolwich - Tuesday 13th 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the games where teams have had relative success against Arsenal - you can start to see a pattern.

0-0 v Middlesboro (4-5-1 formation)

0-1 v Burnley (93rd min winner - 4-5-1 formation, no width, tight compacted midfield)

4-3 loss v Liverpool (False 9 formation. Pack midfield)

1-1 v Spurs (4-5-1 or 5-4-1)

Keep the game tight. Sacrifice any flair for more aggression. Lukaku up top holding the line.

Stek
Coleman, Williams, Mori, Baines.
Holgate, Gana, Barry, McCarthy, Davies.
Lukaku.

No chance. Plus Lukaku can't hold a thing.

Barry should sit this one out. He'd be exposed badly the way he was at Chelsea. He has to have a starting position of 5/10 further back in these games, and we get stuck in our own half as a result.

My team would be:

Joel
Holgate Williams Mori Baines
McCarthy Gana Barkley
Deulofeu
Lukaku Valencia

But I actually think he won't change it from Watford.

It's wrong, but I would take a point, in our current "form".

Honestly I think they'll beat us with something to spare.

It really needs to be a barnstorming night with no passengers if we are to win.

Last home game like that was the league cup SF.

It wouldn't even bother me if we got beat. I just want to see some idea of what the strategy is under Koeman. Minimum requirement is that we show some pride and fight. Arsenal are a superior football team, so a defeat isn't the end of the world, a lack of fight is IMO.

If you look at the games where teams have had relative success against Arsenal - you can start to see a pattern.

0-0 v Middlesboro (4-5-1 formation)

0-1 v Burnley (93rd min winner - 4-5-1 formation, no width, tight compacted midfield)

4-3 loss v Liverpool (False 9 formation. Pack midfield)

1-1 v Spurs (4-5-1 or 5-4-1)

Keep the game tight. Sacrifice any flair for more aggression. Lukaku up top holding the line.

Stek
Coleman, Williams, Mori, Baines.
Holgate, Gana, Barry, McCarthy, Davies.
Lukaku.

Pure cowardice side.

It'll probably be that line up

4th game of the season for me tonight. 5+ hour round trip, we'll probably get nailed and I'll definitely be massivley tired from the driving and not want to got to work in the morning.

But... Can't help being excited, COYB!

Barry should sit this one out. He'd be exposed badly the way he was at Chelsea. He has to have a starting position of 5/10 further back in these games, and we get stuck in our own half as a result.

My team would be:

Joel
Holgate Williams Mori Baines
McCarthy Gana Barkley
Deulofeu
Lukaku Valencia

But I actually think he won't change it from Watford.

I'd switch Coleman for Holgate, and put Holgate next to Williams, but other than that something like that would be boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.