The Virtue of Patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StDomingosGringo

Player Valuation: £10m
Patience is a word not normally synonymous with football in todays modern game.

The entire English game haemorrages managers at an alarming rate and I'm sure the next transfer merry-go round we will be littered with cast off blue and white scarves, chewing gum and Madonna-esque headsets as numerous shady chairmen think their massive debt loading...sorry I meant investment...should be yielding greater results on the pitch.

Now before people start thinking here comes another "Blue Bill ain't he brilliant!" post. Delighting in his lack of trigger finger while ignoring his lack of bulging wallet then it isn't. It's actually patience on the pitch that has caused this unusually long ham fisted article.

Lets talk about our favourite Russian for a minute. Has anyone else noticed that his best performances have come in games where he has been given a rest previously? In games against both sides of the Mancunian divide Bilyatedinov has come back from a spell of "riding the bench" (thank you ESPN website for that quality term) and looked like a nine million pound player after all.

A friend of mine told me Bilya was still getting a ****ging off the terraces from some quarters. An astute poster on this very forum said "Some still haven't got over the fact he isn't Kanchelskis". While one swallow doesn't make a summer (but as a married man a damn good night!) hopefully a man who has played practically two seasons back to back started off playing two games a week for us, might just have silenced a few of those voices.

Next the best smile in football. A man of indeterminable age but undoubted goal scoring potency. Step forward the man that just needs feeding...The Yak.

Despite Moyes saying he won't be back to full and complete fitness until next season already voices are questioning his place in the squad. Saha is a Rolls Royce of a forward, he's the King! But sometimes you need a sharp witted thief to smuggle you a goal from nothing and I'd still put my mortgage on the Yak in the 6 yard box.

If his injury has removed his link up ability, his strength and his desire to snaffle a half chance we'll find out next season. Lets judge that once he's had the recovery period his ability deserves. Rolls Royces don't get used everyday after all, especially not those of Saha's vintage if you want them to last.

Lastly the Yoofs. I'm thinking Duffy and more so Coleman. We all want Coleman to be boss and we think he will be but Moyes sees him everyday. For all we know he sees him getting skinned alive in training and failing to learn from his positioning mistakes. Remember a certain Mr Baines, a 6million pound signing waited half a season to get a run in the first team. Leighton told us how much he learnt from that experience and he's never looked back.

Patience is a virtue we have from top to bottom and the rewards are coming. They'll be shared by fans, players and Chairman. The light at the end of this tunnel isn't because the other end is on fire.

COYB

Thanks for the comments gents. I obviously need to be a bit more controversial in my posts to get a few more in future.

*Starts penning "I love Bill and Pineapples too."*

The thing is when you say something that a lot of people agree with there is no need to argue or reply.

Nod your head and move on.

I might start a thread with the title: 'Pineapple and its effect on Everton Fans' 789 pages right there.

The thing is when you say something that a lot of people agree with there is no need to argue or reply.

Nod your head and move on.

I might start a thread with the title: 'Pineapple and its effect on Everton Fans' 789 pages right there.

Just wanted some acknowledgement for the cat's great article.

He contributed on here, like what you used to before you became a croc wearing recluse x

Patience is a word not normally synonymous with football in todays modern game.

The entire English game haemorrages managers at an alarming rate and I'm sure the next transfer merry-go round we will be littered with cast off blue and white scarves, chewing gum and Madonna-esque headsets as numerous shady chairmen think their massive debt loading...sorry I meant investment...should be yielding greater results on the pitch.

Now before people start thinking here comes another "Blue Bill ain't he brilliant!" post. Delighting in his lack of trigger finger while ignoring his lack of bulging wallet then it isn't. It's actually patience on the pitch that has caused this unusually long ham fisted article.

Lets talk about our favourite Russian for a minute. Has anyone else noticed that his best performances have come in games where he has been given a rest previously? In games against both sides of the Mancunian divide Bilyatedinov has come back from a spell of "riding the bench" (thank you ESPN website for that quality term) and looked like a nine million pound player after all.

A friend of mine told me Bilya was still getting a ****ging off the terraces from some quarters. An astute poster on this very forum said "Some still haven't got over the fact he isn't Kanchelskis". While one swallow doesn't make a summer (but as a married man a damn good night!) hopefully a man who has played practically two seasons back to back started off playing two games a week for us, might just have silenced a few of those voices.

Next the best smile in football. A man of indeterminable age but undoubted goal scoring potency. Step forward the man that just needs feeding...The Yak.

Despite Moyes saying he won't be back to full and complete fitness until next season already voices are questioning his place in the squad. Saha is a Rolls Royce of a forward, he's the King! But sometimes you need a sharp witted thief to smuggle you a goal from nothing and I'd still put my mortgage on the Yak in the 6 yard box.

If his injury has removed his link up ability, his strength and his desire to snaffle a half chance we'll find out next season. Lets judge that once he's had the recovery period his ability deserves. Rolls Royces don't get used everyday after all, especially not those of Saha's vintage if you want them to last.

Lastly the Yoofs. I'm thinking Duffy and more so Coleman. We all want Coleman to be boss and we think he will be but Moyes sees him everyday. For all we know he sees him getting skinned alive in training and failing to learn from his positioning mistakes. Remember a certain Mr Baines, a 6million pound signing waited half a season to get a run in the first team. Leighton told us how much he learnt from that experience and he's never looked back.

Patience is a virtue we have from top to bottom and the rewards are coming. They'll be shared by fans, players and Chairman. The light at the end of this tunnel isn't because the other end is on fire.

COYB

I enjoy reading well written posts.
Cheers.
Pos left. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.