Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if he would do a good job but at least he would know our youth players unlike our current manager it seems.

Quoting from the weekend:
“Having said that, I can’t complain about our second half but if you don’t score, you can’t win. I wasn’t aware of Josh Sims when I was here and he is not my problem – I work for Everton, not Southampton.”

How can he not know who Josh Sims was? A few of his comments regarding player recruitment and his role in it and also his public criticsm of our players on numerous occassions is what worries me about Koeman.

It's impossible to know though, you can't just say get more right than wrong because it's almost impossible to determine who will step up and make it. All signings are gambles, young ones even more because they have a lot to deal with

True. Im.talking about top notch u21s (ish) though...like tielemans, gaya...rugani (who we tried for apparently) etc etc those whove played in the big games and done well and the only.worry is if they can adapt to uk

I'm not sure if he would do a good job but at least he would know our youth players unlike our current manager it seems.

Quoting from the weekend:
“Having said that, I can’t complain about our second half but if you don’t score, you can’t win. I wasn’t aware of Josh Sims when I was here and he is not my problem – I work for Everton, not Southampton.”

How can he not know who Josh Sims was? A few of his comments regarding player recruitment and his role in it and also his public criticsm of our players on numerous occassions is what worries me about Koeman.

Think people have read far too much into that, it's possible that Sims wasn't talked about as a future first teamer through either not developing well or being overlooked because of others coming through while Ron was in charge there and only pushed his way into contention towards the end of his reign into the start of Puel's, hence why he was given his senior debut yesterday

Think people have read far too much into that, it's possible that Sims wasn't talked about as a future first teamer through either not developing well or being overlooked because of others coming through while Ron was in charge there and only pushed his way into contention towards the end of his reign into the start of Puel's, hence why he was given his senior debut yesterday

He was a regular in their u21 side mate...ive even heard the name before somewhere...read about him somewhere.

Hes really shown himself up here.

He was a regular in their u21 side mate...ive even heard the name before somewhere...read about him somewhere.

Hes really shown himself up here.

Maybe his coaches didn't give him adequate information. I really don't understand this idea that Koeman would shun a player because they are young. There is a process of coaches and scouting reports. He didn't know because he wasn't told or because he didn't need to know.

I have a theory about why he doesn't like youngsters, self preservation and self interest it revolves around

My theory is based around the vast amount of young Everton players littering the lower leagues.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/search/11194069/?page=7&q=Ledson&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=9780

Anyway, theres a list of 1890 posts @Zatara made regarding the gem of English football known as Ryan Ledson, who is currently playing League One football with John Lundstram.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/search/11194105/?q=Lundstram&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=9780

Above is a list of 740 posts Zat made suggesting that Lundstram was a talent.

Ross Barkley is the only home grown player who has made it into the first team for the last 15 years.

Basically, all the youth are complete garbo and wont make it here, so stop suggesting we should build our team around League One players, thanks.

as opposed to the vast amounts of league one quality we have in our squad currently...

at least with promoting the youth there's some plusses:

- they're much cheaper
- it's romantic
- one or two may even come good (or sold for loadsamoney)

My theory is based around the vast amount of young Everton players littering the lower leagues.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/search/11194069/?page=7&q=Ledson&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=9780

Anyway, theres a list of 1890 posts @Zatara made regarding the gem of English football known as Ryan Ledson, who is currently playing League One football with John Lundstram.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/search/11194105/?q=Lundstram&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=9780

Ross Barkley is the only home grown player who has made it into the first team for the last 15 years.

Basically, all the youth are complete garbo and wont make it here, so stop suggesting we should build our team around League One players, thanks.

Maybe his coaches didn't give him adequate information. I really don't understand this idea that Koeman would shun a player because they are young. There is a process of coaches and scouting reports. He didn't know because he wasn't told or because he didn't need to know.

To be fair a manager has a first team squad and then the U21's and U18's to look at; it's just blatant ignorance to not know the name of an U21 regular at your own club. Sure it's a time consuming job being a first team manager but how they can't get their arses to youth games is beyond me. Unsworth probably goes to all the first team games to watch.

This is fantasy football , the fans dream ......Rhino leads the loyal starlets to CL glory. It's fine for us to dream but when we get through those turnstiles we demand success, and success is achieved through hard headed judgement and effort not fantasy.
Unsworth has next to no experience in managing at the business end of football that for me is an insurmountable obstacle in today's game. His appointment would be a parochial decision lacking ambition. In today's game players are recruited globally, for many the manager may be a deciding factor in signing, Unsworth's low stature would hinder our already struggling transfer dealings.
Ah but the kids he will play the kids, except history tells most of those kids won't make it at the top level. For every Rooney we have produced truckloads of Micheal Branch's. Touted as the next big thing starring in national youth teams,then inevitably fading away to the lower leagues. Ironically the lower league academies produce the better more determined footballers. Perhaps you work harder knowing your not yet at the top,whereas PL academy players are cosseted and feel they've already made it and stop trying. Some kids will make it by being gradually introduced and careful integrated into the first team squad. Most won't.
Anyway Unsworth? No thanks.

It means he hasnt watched a single game for the u21s last season. If he had he would know the name.

And yet 99% of those posts dont mention me saying ledson or lundstram were talents.

How very queer to add those two links into a totally different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.