Everton 2-1 Sporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to be one up as we haven't really got going.

They counter pretty well so I think it would be a good idea to switch things about so either Rodwell or Neville are in the DM position.

Based on what I've seen, I wouldn't be confident taking a 1-0 to Lisbon.

The second half could change that mind.

Cracking goal out of absolutely nowhere, because we've been very poor. Great play from Tim 'He only offers goals' Cahill.

It's sad watching Arteta atm. He's clearly not fit. Would like to see Rodwell in the second half, giving us a bit more physicality and energy in the midfield. Bily also being an option, moving Pienaar into the middle.

To be fair to Tim he seems to be blossoming playing with Saha. So hats off to him.

Joe royle keeps saying we thought they were gonna be pushovers?

i didn't think so. they are not bad. so we have done alright.

a really weird game. we seem to take their defense apart as quickly as they do ours. :blink:

This isn't good enough at the moment, despite our lead.

We're missing Fellaini badly in the middle, who apparently is now out for 6 months. :(

I'm not happy with Nev at right back.
He's done nothing wrong, and indeed played a good ball for the goal, but he has little invention, and I think this is preventing Donovan from getting into the game as much as I'd like.

Arteta isn't having too much effect out there, so maybe put Billy or Rodders on, or bring Nev into defensive midfield and give young Coleman a go to try and create a link up on the right.

Our defense isn't the best, and Nev was missing when they had a free shot from his area.

So far, Cahill has been our best player in my opinion.

Let's go for this, and get a few more goals, as I don't want us going to Portugal with only a small lead, or worse.

COYB

They counter pretty well so I think it would be a good idea to switch things about so either Rodwell or Neville are in the DM position.

Logical me thinks.

Give Coleman a run....make him try and do some maxey runs ala Baines...did you lids see that? How Wayne Bridge is even a footballer is beyond me cos he cant do that. haha

We definitely need at least a 2-0 lead to take to their place. I can see us scoring again from a free-kick or corner, because they cant defend them.

If we didnt give the ball away so damn much we would be dangerous! I was thinking how tonight its either by long balls easily won by defenders or by our players thinking they are brazil and trying some fancy flick or trick. Then cahill tried it and we scored :) they are passing the ball through us pretty easy so we gotta make sure we dont give it to them, we have a goal and a clean sheet is important so may well see us sit back second half.
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont think he's off the pace, I think he's not really got enough freedom.

I think Rodders needs to come on for Ossie, give Arteta some freedom. Ossie worked his socks off against Chelsea but mainly ran around and kept Lampard quiet but didnt do much in the way of fussball.

Rodders will keep it on the deck, push Mikel up so we can keep the ball better.

No thanks, Osman off is a mistake - he's been playing extremely well this first half, so why take him off? It's not the same game, and he's fitting in very well at the moment, on and off the ball (intercepting a few passes, playing well in attack, etc.)
It's a bit sad about Arteta, but cut the guy some slack, he's been off the pitch for what, a year? It's normal. We probably won't see him (or Yakubu and Big Vic for that matter) anywhere near his standard game until mid-august this year. Arteta off for Rodders and change absolutely nothing sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.