January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson would be top. Has just signed a new deal though, so while possible, would take some doing - and again, I doubt Swansea would let their best player go half-way through the season.

I tink they would mate, they would with Bony. Siggy needs to play in an advanced position im a massive fan of his but i think as we play a lot on the counter we need someone who spring the attack and has the pace to support the play. Not sure Siggy is that player, Mahrez, Mata or Fab prob better suit our system, but would also be made up with Siggy.

I tink they would mate, they would with Bony. Siggy needs to play in an advanced position im a massive fan of his but i think as we play a lot on the counter we need someone who spring the attack and has the pace to support the play. Not sure Siggy is that player, Mahrez, Mata or Fab prob better suit our system, but would also be made up with Siggy.

Sig would definitely be the most likely of the ones you've named mate. Great player - would allow us to move Barkley deeper on a needs-be basis.

Sig can be good from a wide berth as well, as long as we had Bolasie/Del to provide the width on the other side like.

Interesting to hear @Zatara 's (and anyone else's) thoughts on Leon Bailey, the Genk winger. In great form at the moment after a quality breakthrough season.

Watched him play a few times now and I've been very impressed, after knowing very little about him.

Basically Sterling-lite.

He's got a few of Europe's biggest circling around him, though only Ajax have made a move so far, with a bid turned down last summer.

We already have a similar player in Del, mind.

In light of Koemans comments on Lukaku, may I suggest the january transfer goes like this

out:
Lukaku to PSG
Barkley to Chelsea
Mirallas to Borussia Dortmund
Coleman to Man utd

in:
Crouch from Stoke
Valencia from West Ham (made permanent)
Routledge from Swansea
Taylor from Swansea

WE KNOW OUR PLACE

im pretty sure they wouldnt want them

Sig would definitely be the most likely of the ones you've named mate. Great player - would allow us to move Barkley deeper on a needs-be basis.

Sig can be good from a wide berth as well, as long as we had Bolasie/Del to provide the width on the other side like.

As i said im a massive fan mate, his best position is at 10, however im not so sure he has that pace to keep up with the play we employ with Lukaku and Bolaise to hit on the counter on the first phase. If you look at what Marhez did with Vardy last year at Leicester i tink we need that sort of player with vision, pace and finishing ability - as much as i like Siggy i think he might just lack that blistering pace to get up and down the pitch. I think Mata, and Fab are different creatures, i think they can play at 8 and while not being box to box they can spring a counter and support the second phase of play as well as dictate the pace of the game. We need a midfield who will get on the ball and hold possession. Remember Vs CIty and Chelsea our midfild offered little to no outlet. When we have very little possession we need to functionally use it better then we have done against teams who press high as City did.

If we want a goalscoring winger who would be available and willing to move with prem experience we could always sign that mane.....wait no. Scrap that.

We could always build a deep lying playmaker who has a bit of pace about him, one that wants to join the club as well, that wjnaldum.....wait he has gone as well.

think we missed a couple of boats in the summer when we were farting about trying to sell stones before we could sign any players. I worry that the club won't know what it wants in the coming windows, because what it thought it wanted hasn't been a roaring success so far. that being said, what Koeman would want is more senior and what Walsh would want is more obscure with little premiership experience.

If we want a goalscoring winger who would be available and willing to move with prem experience we could always sign that mane.....wait no. Scrap that.

We could always build a deep lying playmaker who has a bit of pace about him, one that wants to join the club as well, that wjnaldum.....wait he has gone as well.

think we missed a couple of boats in the summer when we were farting about trying to sell stones before we could sign any players. I worry that the club won't know what it wants in the coming windows, because what it thought it wanted hasn't been a roaring success so far. that being said, what Koeman would want is more senior and what Walsh would want is more obscure with little premiership experience.

Mane had a few issues with Koeman and while they were resolved, he was head-hunted by Liverpool at the back end of last year mate.

Wijnaldum isn't a deep-lying playmaker, though I admit would have been a good Barkley alternative. Regardless, we didn't move for him in the end.

As i said im a massive fan mate, his best position is at 10, however im not so sure he has that pace to keep up with the play we employ with Lukaku and Bolaise to hit on the counter on the first phase. If you look at what Marhez did with Vardy last year at Leicester i tink we need that sort of player with vision, pace and finishing ability - as much as i like Siggy i think he might just lack that blistering pace to get up and down the pitch. I think Mata, and Fab are different creatures, i think they can play at 8 and while not being box to box they can spring a counter and support the second phase of play as well as dictate the pace of the game. We need a midfield who will get on the ball and hold possession. Remember Vs CIty and Chelsea our midfild offered little to no outlet. When we have very little possession we need to functionally use it better then we have done against teams who press high as City did.

That player would be Ryad Boudebouz (the Mahrez type mate). More like Mahrez than Mahrez is ;)

....I liked the way he got on the end of chances. I always like wide players who look to score goals and he's one of those. I reckon he thinks he's a bit of a superstar, so he might have an attitude about him but he's only a young lad.

There have been spells in some games where he has looked a world beater, but he has really lacked consistency.

be honest if your talking WBA, i'd rather have Rondon. 1 in 3 striker, and think he would offer a physical presence up front with Rom. Not a mind blowing signing but hell of a lot better than what we have.

This is the type of buy we need for the right price. He may not be a huge star or the next Suarez/messi/Ronaldo but he would compliment the team very well.

Even though im happy with some good names at Everton, I still miss a midfield of Arteta, cahill, carsley, Gravesen, Pienaar. A midfield that had abit of everything. This midfield has two inconsistent wingers, two defensive midfielders that offer nothing in attack and Barkley who right now has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Another words - balance in the middle of the park.

3776892.jpg

Bares reminding. Only 4 teams made a profit in the summer, Liverpool who sold a load of squad players, southampton who sell every year, us, and swansea who we gave them the negative net spend signing their captain.

This is the type of buy we need for the right price. He may not be a huge star or the next Suarez/messi/Ronaldo but he would compliment the team very well.

Even though im happy with some good names at Everton, I still miss a midfield of Arteta, cahill, carsley, Gravesen, Pienaar. A midfield that had abit of everything. This midfield has two inconsistent wingers, two defensive midfielders that offer nothing in attack and Barkley who right now has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Another words - balance in the middle of the park.

Agree with every word, except Arteta and Gravesen never played together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.