On the strength of tonights performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shoulder barge by Distin in the second half was top drawer. Him and Heiginga were both very solid.

Osman was great, when the ball kept falling to him on the edge of the box I was half expecting him to bury it, a sign of his progress.

Bily was good, but as stated above he does seem to go missing in the last half hour of games. Saha was world class. And Phil Neville was engine like at right back.

Howard looked alive and alert after his derby debacle.

For me a toss up between Baines and Saha. My vote goes to Baines. Re Saha now that is how a striker should operate as a lone man upfront. I do not think Yak can does as well as Loius. About time Saha really showed what he is capable of and his class. His fitness ? now seems a thing of the past. Saha for SA!!!!

Mind a great hoofball from Distin for the second goal, noticed Baines did something identical but Saha did not hit it quite right.

For me a toss up between Baines and Saha. My vote goes to Baines. Re Saha now that is how a striker should operate as a lone man upfront. I do not think Yak can does as well as Loius. About time Saha really showed what he is capable of and his class. His fitness ? now seems a thing of the past. Saha for SA!!!!

Mind a great hoofball from Distin for the second goal, noticed Baines did something identical but Saha did not hit it quite right.

As was Chelsea's goal via Cech n Drogba

Yes but Neville was just outpaced so could not get a tackle in without perhaps a penalty and then a red card. Neville is no pace merchant. But I feel Coleman could have stayed with Malouda.

From where Drogba headed on , maybe if Fellaini had have been playing he may have won the initial header. In any case it is all ifs , but's and maybes. We won , 3 pts , move on to the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.