Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm maybe he might stay but he been disgusting over the last 3 months,im sure he can say sorry when he banging the goals in.

If we can start the new season with Rom as our striker still and a few great players signed in to create for him then i would fancy our chances on doing something beyond the norm next season.

As much as i'd sell him for the right price based on his comments, given the choice i'd rather him stay and score even more next season.

Remember he will have better coaches working with him also, a more structured team which aims to play for the striker rather than one that hopes rom scores and i would imagine we will sign a player or two to support him as well and add competition.

If he goes then i don't blame him, but if he stays i hope we can then show him why he belongs here.

Yeh he does - and the difference is a breath of fresh air!

Yep, if Rom goes he goes - but I'm confident it'll only be for the price we demand. Same with Stones (who has made no such public fuss - as of yet). You're right with his agent as well.

For what it's worth, I do still think we'll sell Rom, but as you say it will be when we've got his replacement(s) signed or at least lined up. However, the fact remains that only a few clubs outside of the Prem who can afford him.

Real and Barca won't buy him, which pretty much leaves PSG (Bayern have the money, but I an't see them going for him). The only other team - and I still think it could happen - will be Juve, but that is only of they sell Morata and Pogba (which would see them bring in circa. £120mil).

Juventus have absolutely zero chance of signing him no matter who they sell mate, to do so they would need at the 60m figure to smash the Italian transfer record by almost doubling the biggest fee ever paid their, as nothing has changed in Italian football with influx of huge revenue streams like in the premiership - it simple will not happen, they lose both Pogba and Morrata then youwill see them bringing in 4-5 20 to 30m quid players with those funds, no chance on earth they will spend so much on one player

Come off it, pal.

Look, I'm not happy about his comments but what did you expect? He isn't a fan... he's a player who wants the best from his (short) career. His performances towards the end were dire, but as were everybody else's so let's not change history.

'He's lucky to be playing for Everton' doesn't cut it. He's a 23 year old with over 100 goals to his name while in England, and a first-team player for one of the highest-ranked nations in the world. We finished 11th last season, even with the 18 goals he scored in the league.

If we get an offer that meets our value he'll go. If we don't he'll stay.

I'd much rather he stayed, personally.

Why cut your nose off to spite your face?
I'm not going to argue with you on the stats part they don't lie. I just fundamentally don't want a player playing for us if he doesn't want to be here. It's inevitable when things go pear shaped the dummy will come out which causes bigger issues in my opinion. The next argument may be that I could say the same for stones but stones has got on with it this season and still played football, Lukaku doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who will do thanks he doesn't get his own way.

For me he's shot himself in the foot being so vocal in how much he wants out and he's burnt his bridges with a lot of fans. If he'd just come out and said finishing 11th isn't good enough if someone comes in who can offer me more I'll go, then you can't really argue with that. But it's the way he's belittled the club and his team mates at every opportunity he's got while taking no responsibility for our poor performance this season of which he started pretty much every game.

I think given what moshiri is doing he is lucky to be at everton, we can offer him everything he wants if he just pipes down and gets on with the job. He's always had a big mouth though and this time I don't think he's helped himself. Maybe my expectations have changed since mosh has come in before I would have felt that we should do everything we can to keep Lukaku but now I think [Poor language removed] him, he can go and we'll replace him.

At £60mil, probably not, no.

I think Raiola thought the tactic of getting Rom o publicly state (and re-state) his desire to move would weaken our demand. But I genuinely think the opposite has occurred and 'the Russian' meeting Raiola and setting him straight is what has altered his comments. We aren't going to be bullied into lowering our asking price.
Ah well. There's always January.

Raiola is probably lining up all of his players to come here after talks and getting some info on the "project".

Expecting us to have 3 more of his players by the end of the transfer window.

EDIT: Hamsik is one of his players... go ed lad bring him.

I'm not going to argue with you on the stats part they don't lie. I just fundamentally don't want a player playing for us if he doesn't want to be here. It's inevitable when things go pear shaped the dummy will come out which causes bigger issues in my opinion. The next argument may be that I could say the same for stones but stones has got on with it this season and still played football, Lukaku doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who will do thanks he doesn't get his own way.

For me he's shot himself in the foot being so vocal in how much he wants out and he's burnt his bridges with a lot of fans. If he'd just come out and said finishing 11th isn't good enough if someone comes in who can offer me more I'll go, then you can't really argue with that. But it's the way he's belittled the club and his team mates at every opportunity he's got while taking no responsibility for our poor performance this season of which he started pretty much every game.

I think given what moshiri is doing he is lucky to be at everton, we can offer him everything he wants if he just pipes down and gets on with the job. He's always had a big mouth though and this time I don't think he's helped himself. Maybe my expectations have changed since mosh has come in before I would have felt that we should do everything we can to keep Lukaku but now I think [Poor language removed] him, he can go and we'll replace him.
Think that is a fair viewpoint mate to be honest. If he kicks up a fuss he should be shipped out to the highest bidder, problem is, where do the bids end? if someone only offered 45, would you sell? Considering he will be the best goalscorer we will have for a long time again.

I'm not disagreeing with you though mate, of course get rid if he carries and ego around rather than playing for his shirt.

Juventus have absolutely zero chance of signing him no matter who they sell mate, to do so they would need at the 60m figure to smash the Italian transfer record by almost doubling the biggest fee ever paid their, as nothing has changed in Italian football with influx of huge revenue streams like in the premiership - it simple will not happen, they lose both Pogba and Morrata then youwill see them bringing in 4-5 20 to 30m quid players with those funds, no chance on earth they will spend so much on one player

I'd have thought the same initially mate, but I still think they may make an offer should they believe they can meet our valuation and have change to spare.

Pogba's sale is looking likely (if it goes through) to go into Suarez/Ronaldo territory - so £80mil.

Morata will be big as well - though of course some of that will then go to Real.

That's still going to be at least £120mil, so I suppose it depends on how much of a 'statement' they want to make.

Agree it's unlikely, but think there's a chance.

PSG still the clear front runners I'd say, though.

Apparently 'trending on Sky Sports'...'Hazard coy about Lukaku move'.......Whats all this? Nothing I suppose. Are Chelsea in for Lukaku. Or are we in for Hazard? Ha Ha!

I can see the worry mate, genuinely. But it's in his best interest to stay on board and be the best he can if we don't sell him - if only to ensure he does get a massive move at the end of it.

He wasn't playing well from the end of March onwards, but I genuinely think him and his agent were so convinced that EFC were a sinking ship and they wanted off. We've made a big statement of intent with how we went about the appointment of Koeman, and I think that this meeting with Riaola has shaken that up even more as well.

I don't think he's helped himself either, but I couldn't care less if he then stayed and bagged another 20 goals - ultimately that's what matters. His dire performances at the back end of the season have cost him more sides being interested from the off and willing to pay that money. I think that might just have clicked with him now. If he doesn't get a move this summer, then he can't afford - for the sake of his career - to make the same mistake twice.

That being said, I do think he'll go if we receive an offer we're happy with and we have alternatives lined up. But it's very hard to guarantee that we can replace his goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.