Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If genuine, the latest comments from MR are great progress, sounds like he's entertaining the idea of Rom staying now.

If he persuades Rom to stay and sign a new huge deal, he still gets his cut, and will still be in his ear saying that if this goes pear shaped you can still leave next year. We get to keep our man, both parties win.

If Terreur is reporting it then i would say it's almost certain to be true mate

Going to be some serious back-tracking from some "attitude stinks", "can't trap a bag of cement" fans on here if Rom stays. Seriously good news if he does!!

Additionally, if Riaola has been sat down with Moshiri and what he has heard has uturned him to this degree that he is happy for Lukaku to stay now, then we are going to be in for a very interesting summer, those setimates on players and the money we have could be just the tip of an iceberg on whats going on at the club now

Going to be some serious back-tracking from some "attitude stinks", "can't trap a bag of cement" fans on here if Rom stays. Seriously good news if he does!!
Not from me. He can get to [Poor language removed]. If he doesn't want to be here he can bugger off. He's lucky to be playing for everton and should keep his mouth shut. His attitude for the back end of the season stunk the place out, gave nothing on the pitch but still thinks he's one of the best in the world. The best in the world don't go missing for 3 months.

If Terreur is reporting it then i would say it's almost certain to be true mate

Yeh definitely. PLus there was the story the other day emanating from Italy that Raiola had met with the new Everton director (I'll call him 'the Russian' for ease of use :D )

So, it certainly adds up. However, I still think Rom will go should an offer that meets our valuation (I firmly believe that is around the £60mil mark) - but only if it meets that value.

Exactly, a few Brexiteers have gone a bit early in here.

But those Raiola comments are just the sound of an absolute slime ball of a man hedging his bets just in case the PSG money doesn't come. He said much the same with Pogba the day before.

If the club had to - and unless there are some odd FFP machinations I dont think they do - one of Rom or Stones they'd pick the former every time. I'm a massive Lukaku fan but it's a fallacy to say no one else can give us his goals; look at the top five goalscorers in the last five years in this country, not one of them cost the £65m it would cost to buy Lukaku at the moment. There is value out there.

Well, apart from Troy Deeney being £30m...

Not from me. He can get to [Poor language removed]. If he doesn't want to be here he can bugger off. He's lucky to be playing for everton and should keep his mouth shut. His attitude for the back end of the season stunk the place out, gave nothing on the pitch but still thinks he's one of the best in the world. The best in the world don't go missing for 3 months.

Come off it, pal.

Look, I'm not happy about his comments but what did you expect? He isn't a fan... he's a player who wants the best from his (short) career. His performances towards the end were dire, but as were everybody else's so let's not change history.

'He's lucky to be playing for Everton' doesn't cut it. He's a 23 year old with over 100 goals to his name while in England, and a first-team player for one of the highest-ranked nations in the world. We finished 11th last season, even with the 18 goals he scored in the league.

If we get an offer that meets our value he'll go. If we don't he'll stay.

I'd much rather he stayed, personally.

Why cut your nose off to spite your face?

Come off it, pal.

Look, I'm not happy about his comments but what did you expect? He isn't a fan... he's a player who wants the best from his (short) career. His performances towards the end were dire, but as were everybody else's so let's not change history.

'He's lucky to be playing for Everton' doesn't cut it. He's a 23 year old with over 100 goals to his name while in England, and a first-team player for one of the highest-ranked nations in the world. We finished 11th last season, even with the 18 goals he scored in the league.

If we get an offer that meets our value he'll go. If we don't he'll stay.

I'd much rather he stayed, personally.

Why cut your nose off to spite your face?

Spot on.

No interest, then?

lol

At £60mil, probably not, no.

I think Raiola thought the tactic of getting Rom o publicly state (and re-state) his desire to move would weaken our demand. But I genuinely think the opposite has occurred and 'the Russian' meeting Raiola and setting him straight is what has altered his comments. We aren't going to be bullied into lowering our asking price.

Yeh definitely. PLus there was the story the other day emanating from Italy that Raiola had met with the new Everton director (I'll call him 'the Russian' for ease of use :D )

So, it certainly adds up. However, I still think Rom will go should an offer that meets our valuation (I firmly believe that is around the £60mil mark) - but only if it meets that value.

Ryazantsev looks a very serious bloke actually, night and day to past board members

I think we will only sell Rom for as you say a very large fee now, additionally i think we will only sell him once we have his replacement already signed and sealed and that will have been communicated to Riaola, Riola is far from a stupid bloke himself, odious yes but he wpon't burn his bridges, he's about the money and the profile of club his client is at increases his revenue, IF he has seen that we have the first in spades and the second is about to greatly increase, then it will explain his u-turn

At £60mil, probably not, no.

I think Raiola thought the tactic of getting Rom o publicly state (and re-state) his desire to move would weaken our demand. But I genuinely think the opposite has occurred and 'the Russian' meeting Raiola and setting him straight is what has altered his comments. We aren't going to be bullied into lowering our asking price.

Thats how am reading it to be honest mate, I think that Raiola has been in Lukakus ear for ages telling him to say this, say that. Lukaku should really have learnt to hold his tongue by now though.

Our asking price is what people will have to pay, if he is worth it or not - there is what, a handful of clubs that would pay that. I guess there is minimal interest at the moment in paying anything close to that.

Backtracking to save face for player and the agent who will want to get a piece of the EFC pie this summer no doubt.

Ryazantsev looks a very serious bloke actually, night and day to past board members

I think we will only sell Rom for as you say a very large fee now, additionally i think we will only sell him once we have his replacement already signed and sealed and that will have been communicated to Riaola, Riola is far from a stupid bloke himself, odious yes but he wpon't burn his bridges, he's about the money and the profile of club his client is at increases his revenue, IF he has seen that we have the first in spades and the second is about to greatly increase, then it will explain his u-turn

Yeh he does - and the difference is a breath of fresh air!

Yep, if Rom goes he goes - but I'm confident it'll only be for the price we demand. Same with Stones (who has made no such public fuss - as of yet). You're right with his agent as well.

For what it's worth, I do still think we'll sell Rom, but as you say it will be when we've got his replacement(s) signed or at least lined up. However, the fact remains that only a few clubs outside of the Prem who can afford him.

Real and Barca won't buy him, which pretty much leaves PSG (Bayern have the money, but I an't see them going for him). The only other team - and I still think it could happen - will be Juve, but that is only of they sell Morata and Pogba (which would see them bring in circa. £120mil).

Thats how am reading it to be honest mate, I think that Raiola has been in Lukakus ear for ages telling him to say this, say that. Lukaku should really have learnt to hold his tongue by now though.

Our asking price is what people will have to pay, if he is worth it or not - there is what, a handful of clubs that would pay that. I guess there is minimal interest at the moment in paying anything close to that.

Backtracking to save face for player and the agent who will want to get a piece of the EFC pie this summer no doubt.

Oh aye, not at all saying Rom is blameless. He's been a tit with his comments - but as I said I expected it. In the past it may have weakened our hand (though it didn't with Lescott to City, in all fairness to the previous regime, or Fellaini to United), but now it's different. We've got a proven goal scorer who still has a lot to learn but is already quality at the age of 23. If a team wants him, then they have to meet our valuation. If not, then he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.