1 year on, just as useless !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

II McColl II

Player Valuation: £6m
I decided to look over the results from the christmas period last season compared to this season because its felt like a consistent trend of shocking results over the winter period.

These are the results from last season between November to February;

780a1d500379675a9a72012fd57eedb9.png

2 wins in 3 months against some very favourable fixtures was not good enough and compare that to the same period this season and the results are;

1ea9596851b98086f7680c4223b48ee8.png

2 wins has turned to 1 win, the fixtures much like the season before have been largely favourable games and we simply don't win games.

2 Years now we have put up with this crap, its simply not good enough and something has to change. The philosophy is wrong, the football is slow, the squad is being poorly managed and the team is looking out of ideas and at a loss with the fans. Ignore the fact we could have 3/4 if players commited to some of Deulofeu's crosses, when we dont score we still concede and thats the trend which aint had any improvement for over 2 seasons now and its a joke that nothing is getting done about it.

Any other club at this point would have changed manager, martinez should thank the gods he has a chairman who would rather save the compensation fee because he should have been gone a long time ago.

I decided to look over the results from the christmas period last season compared to this season because its felt like a consistent trend of shocking results over the winter period.

These are the results from last season between November to February;

780a1d500379675a9a72012fd57eedb9.png

2 wins in 3 months against some very favourable fixtures was not good enough and compare that to the same period this season and the results are;

1ea9596851b98086f7680c4223b48ee8.png

2 wins has turned to 1 win, the fixtures much like the season before have been largely favourable games and we simply don't win games.

2 Years now we have put up with this crap, its simply not good enough and something has to change. The philosophy is wrong, the football is slow, the squad is being poorly managed and the team is looking out of ideas and at a loss with the fans. Ignore the fact we could have 3/4 if players commited to some of Deulofeu's crosses, when we dont score we still concede and thats the trend which aint had any improvement for over 2 seasons now and its a joke that nothing is getting done about it.

Any other club at this point would have changed manager, martinez should thank the gods he has a chairman who would rather save the compensation fee because he should have been gone a long time ago.
If you used the statistics correctly and fairly and discounted the 31/01 and Feb results then were up on points from this period so actually better.

If you used the statistics correctly and fairly and discounted the 31/01 and Feb results then were up on points from this period so actually better.

By 3 points thats just as bad, many people consider this our best squad for a long time, i personally don't i think we have a good first XI but lack genuine depth so after a year we are 3 points better off without european games (which never took place over christmas anyway) and a similar level of fixtures.

Makes it sound even worse tbh

I have always hoped that things would at some point improve, that he would finally understand the need for plan B and a team capable of seeing out a result with solid defending when in a winning position. But as with many people I am now hoping that Martinez just goes.
The only problem is, who will we get? Who really is available? And is Everton really as big a pull as it used to be, or even just compared to other clubs with with rich owners to give a decent manager the money to finish off would could arguably be a great team.
In all honesty we have no investment without selling the jewels, and no rich owners to give the investment that a quality manager would be looking for before even considering coming to Goodison Park. But there has to be someone who has a bit more savvy than poor Roberto at the minute.

By 3 points thats just as bad, many people consider this our best squad for a long time, i personally don't i think we have a good first XI but lack genuine depth so after a year we are 3 points better off without european games (which never took place over christmas anyway) and a similar level of fixtures.

Makes it sound even worse tbh

Improve by 3 points every year and we will win the league before 2040. Give Roberto time lads. These under 30s, tsk tsk

It goes to show his 1st season was down to moysies influence at the back.
With no europe this season is a joke.
1 win in 10 with this squad,same tactics which don't work week after week and too scared to drop howard.

The majority said this, minority said different. Walking into a team that has a mentality of not to loose was a major gift for him, but hes dismantled that "die to death" approach of this team, we are just a weak gutless team who pass it around nice

If we go out meekly against City, he's going to be under serious pressure, the cup semi is about the only thing saving him at the minute. Plus he still gets a really easy ride in the media, which always helps you keep a job

Leicester City are top of the league.

Team spirit and fight for the cause has gone from English football. Too much money and egos from these pampered individuals at the rich established teams.

Leicester never know when they are beaten. They work their socks off, chase every ball and show grit and determination.

We play slow, laboured, walking paced dross.

If you are expecting an upturn in results with Tom Cleverly in the team, you'll be waiting a long time.

Such a painfully average player but you can guarantee he will start on Wednesday, we'll get over run in the middle and he'll go hiding (again)

I despaired when he got brought in. You cannot put Kone, Cleverley et al. into a side and hope they will suddenly be dragged up to standard.

If you are expecting an upturn in results with Tom Cleverly in the team, you'll be waiting a long time.

Such a painfully average player but you can guarantee he will start on Wednesday, we'll get over run in the middle and he'll go hiding (again)

Bit unfair mate - At least he's not osman. :( (Thank Christ!)

Status
Not open for further replies.